• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 18 November 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I love Noir in books and movies. I have watched The Big Sleep and Chinatown many times. The marvelous atmosphere of corruption, sex, murder, and the typical sarcastic one-liners. Noir games are usually less convincing. Well, at least they tried, we can’t all be Polanski.

I remember the story of The Dame Was Loaded as decent, but I read there are many endings and I only saw one. The developers made a couple of bad gameplay decisions, which took away some of the fun. It’s the story, the characters, and the truly atrocious acting that kept me playing. Especially the acting, although one look at the stills of the sullen waitress was enough to start me giggling. The voice of the protagonist wasn’t bad though. He tried a little too hard to sound deep like Marlowe. 

In the screenshot my favorite bad actor. He’s your partner and he’s been killed. No big loss. His death scene made me laugh out loud.  See for yourself. It starts at 9:25.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Grin Grin Grin

OMG!
The “hand pointer” in that specific place in the screenshot makes it look like your partner died on top of someone else!!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There’re also nicer screenshots from this game, like this one, or this one, or this one. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You missed the best one.  Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was saving the best for last. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top