• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any upcoming Kickstarters?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

daveyd - 05 September 2014 04:08 PM

There’s a KS campaign active for “The Scoundrels Guild: A Tale of Thieves”  .  It’s an adventure game with light RPG elements where you play as a sort of Robin-Hood like character.

It seems to be a trilogy in the making, 3 full games, not episodes. Apparently you can choose to go for good or evil deeds in it. So, another adventure with RPG stuff. It’s quite nice that people are making these now.

Link to the kickstarter page.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Don’t know if this Interactive adventure posted, and little late as KS seems to be almost dead.

From Writer of DeusEx 1,2

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1591209713/sienna-storm

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It seems to me that this type of interactive comic doesn’t seem to attract a lot of backers. Looks very nice to me though, I used to play some of those ‘choose your adventure’ books back in the day and would definitely like to have a similar but more complex experience with nice visuals.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Sienna Storm is apparently some sort of card game, so I’d say it’s in a pretty small niche, as at least I don’t see a huge appeal in digital card games.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This kickstarter looks great:
Paradigm - Surreal Adventure

Try the demo, looks good with some funny moments. Hope they make it.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

fov - 29 August 2014 01:14 PM

Well, I’ll be a tease… I’ve been chatting with an adventure game dev who’s considering doing a Kickstarter this fall. If it happens I think it’s going to be of interest to a lot of people in this community (esp. fans of traditional old-school adventures). Sorry I can’t say more than that at the moment, but let the speculation begin. Grin

Maybe it’s Josh Mandel with N-fusion? Wink

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

jaap - 15 September 2014 02:04 PM

I’d be willing to throw a couple of dollars his way.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

jaap - 15 September 2014 02:04 PM

Ooh, that’s a good guess… but no.

*flees before anyone can pull out the ulti-pan*

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Bump. Smile

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2014-10-24

PM

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I instant backed Ron gilbert’s Thimbleweed Park: A New Classic Point & Click Adventure!.
I’m a little bit skeptic though regarding the rather steep goal and the very retro look of the game. Also, back with maniac mansion, it probably seemed a good idea to have all those individually playable characters, but now in 2014 it will be tough to pull it off in a decent way. Time will tell Wink

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

WillBarr: Hey with a bit of luck you might be able to get him to do some shoutouts for spiffing, it may play into your hands or whatever it’s called. Smile

jaap: I agree. MM was an awesome game but also batshit crazy in very many ways. I hope they don’t try to ape after it too much. There are plenty of reasons why the genre has evolved away from MM styled gameplay. Time will indeed tell!

On a more personal note, they’d tickle my nostalgia strings better if they aped the NES look of MM, but I may be special in this regard. Smile

Btw I didn’t hesitate a second to back it heh. I am indeed excited to see this happen. Smile

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I started a new thread for the Thimbleweed Park Kickstarter: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4554/

Let’s continue discussion about the campaign itself over there.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Any predictions or prophecies for 2016 kickstarter campaigns? Here`s a list for some projects which might happen on kickstarter in near future:

Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure
http://gibbousgame.tumblr.com/
” Gibbous is expected to have a fully functional vertical slice demo some time this coming spring, and we definitely want to Kickstart the project, since you can probably tell it will take some finances to get a game like this going smoothly.”

Draugen (Red Thread Games)
https://www.facebook.com/Draugengame/?ref=nf
Recently Draugen received another 150 000$ from the Norwegian Film Institute so Red Thread Games should have some capital to finish Draugen prototype and because Dreamfall Chapters is also almost complete, they could finally head to kickstarter with Draugen next year.
” Red Thread’s upcoming (deep breath) first-person psychological survival horror adventure (and exhale) has received an incredibly generous $150,000 grant from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI). Draugen has to date received a total of $370,000 in support from NFI, enabling Red Thread Games to finish the design, prototyping and pre-production phases, and move into full production. Yay!”

Simon the Sorcerer VI: Between Worlds (Story Beasts)
http://www.storybeasts.com/
Delayed couple of times but probably heading to kickstarter next year.

David Puerta & 9irls adventure game
http://davidpuerta.blogspot.fi/2015/09/9irls-studio-adventure-game.html
”Second Background of a new adventure game that I´m working on with the amazing 9irls studio. We are currently working in our Kickstarter campaign. More to come soon!”

Revolution Software next project

18:55—>
Charles Cecil spoke couple of months ago something about their possible next project. It might be story based adventure game but not point & click and they might use some sort of crowdfunding in 2016 or 2017…

Dead Synchronicity 2 (Fictiorama Studios)
Second one is coming but when? and will they use kickstarter again?

Anything else?

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-09-05

PM

First Kickstarter game of 2016 that I felt compelled to back:

Copper Dreams a cyberpunk CRPG with stealth mechanics and turn-based combat.  Has some adventure game elements, too:  a puzzle like keyword dialogue system…

“If there is a rogue agent that needs intel and you would like to help him, dragging confidential data diskettes into the dialogue screen (literally handing them over) will turn the flow of your current conversation. NPCs retain their personality and character to drive the conversation.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top