• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moment of Silence question

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-11-04

PM

Hey everyone. I don’t know where to post this, so I started a new topic.
Just a quick question. Does anyone know if Moment of Silence got a big box release in englis language? I only found copies in german.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yep. See here.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I thought is gonna be about a in game question for some of the controversial aspect of the story .. uh disappointed !

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Look for the North American version (published by Dreamcatcher).
The UK version (published by Digital Jesters) had StarForce DRM that doesn’t work on Windows Vista/7/8 and sometimes not on XP either—so the game won’t start.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advieeee! Nordic games acquires Moment of Silence license!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great news, this game is one of the greatest Sci-Fi right behind Blade Runner!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Nordic also got Overclocked, a game I really liked despite its flaws. Curious to see if anything at all comes from this.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

diego - 05 December 2014 04:43 PM

Advieeee! Nordic games acquires Moment of Silence license!

Does this mean they will be potentially doing a sequel, or just more of a putting it on GOG and that type of thing?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I think Nordic Games is just making games available again - finally! Smile

Speaking of The Moment of Silence front covers - imho all of those were really unattractive, even considering the time. Might be one the reasons why it failed in retail.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

lewuz - 13 December 2014 08:49 AM

Speaking of The Moment of Silence front covers - imho all of those were really unattractive, even considering the time. Might be one the reasons why it failed in retail.

Actually, the game sold very well in retail in various European countries—in spite of the covers! Smile The North American release, however, failed badly indeed. But I think that had more to do with the game’s technical issues (and some exceptionally bad press) than with its cover.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Actually the game had three (or more) different covers, each for different location releases; US, Europe and Russia, I liked the white and red one of US release, best .

P.S: come on Martin, show some love for Roger over there, I am sure he used be your Sci-Fi number#1 adventuring inspiring hero Grin

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Knowing how strongly Daedalic’s PR department works, the marketing issues probably don’t haunt your next game, Martin. Smile

Do you happen to know is Nordic Games going to rework HoT games a bit? Maybe they have been in touch (I doubt though)? They recently updated 5years old Red Faction Guerilla, so I’m secretly hoping maybe TMOS gets faster movement for an example. Actually, I’m going to write them right now.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

What’s wrong with a cover? It’s like from a Luc Besson movie.

Unless you’re talking about the Russian one. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

lewuz: I’m sorry, but I can’t comment on the future of the games or IPs. It’s entirely up to Nordic to do that.

Advie: Uh, sorry, but over where? What are you referring to…?

diego: The Russian cover is utterly wonderful. We first saw it after release. And we all loved it.  Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Martin Gantefoehr - 14 December 2014 02:28 PM

Advie: Uh, sorry, but over where? What are you referring to…?

I meant this Vote for Roger Vs Larry http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/4639/#77413

and about Nordic games acquiring Moment of Silence license, I have a feeling that this concerning concealing rights for a potential Hollywood movie in future (maybe some kind of rumors, or maybe just a wishful thinking) but the story of TMoS is astonishing, its so ahead of its time, not just talking of now, much more into the future, its like of or any of Philip K. Dick’s Books/Novels style, I think if Martin had released it as a novel it could somehow be nominated for the Philip K. Dick yearly award .

and if we can take the thread really into TMoS discussion, I would like to know about the clueless gameplaying style (you never know you achieved anything, or what you should do, really) was it more up to Tobias Schachte role, than Martin’s writing/role?, because I really liked it, I think its so unique considering its a 3rd person ag, you can find this style of gameplaying ‘only’ at 1st person ags.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Advie - 14 December 2014 10:55 PM

[Nordic games acquiring Moment of Silence license, I have a feeling that this concerning concealing rights for a potential Hollywood movie in future

A movie? Yeah, that goes to “wishful thinking” category. Tongue
Nordic Games is acquiring brands and games from dead publishers like THQ and dtp to make money with games which would fall into obscurity otherways.

update: NG press releases actully end like that:
About Nordic Games GmbH
Nordic Games GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordic Games Group AB, focusing on computer- and video games for PC/MAC/Linux and present/past console platforms. Founded in 2011, the Vienna/Austria based company puts great emphasis on its extensive game catalogue. The core portfolio comprises products and brands which have been acquired from various parties (THQ and others), and further acquisitions of IPs and trademarks will follow.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top