• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 1 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien has abandoned me already, so you’re stuck with me on Wednesdays too. Meh I really want to thank her for her contributions over the past 6 weeks. Until I run out of ideas for that category (which shouldn’t take long), I’m making Wednesdays “Official Fien day”.

And so today we have The Last Express, with Anna being awesome — because that’s what Anna does. My idea was just to load a save and grab a quick screenshot, but I love this game so much that I ended up replaying most of the 3rd CD.

I don’t understand why TLE hasn’t been made into a movie yet. It has a more memorable story and characters than most movies that get released (and I don’t just the mean mindless action movies adapted from games).

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’ve always wanted to play TLE, but never got around to it. Perhaps it’s about time…

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 01 August 2012 10:38 AM

I don’t understand why TLE hasn’t been made into a movie yet.

Rumor has it that Jordan Mechner has teamed up with acclaimed director Paul Verhoeven to produce a film adaptation of The Last Express. I have high hopes for this one.

From Wikipedia:

In April 2010, Verhoeven hinted that his next potential film project was an adaptation of a “Hitchcockian” computer game set in 1914. Although he would not reveal the title, there was speculation that the project might be an adaptation of The Last Express, a 1997 game designed by Prince of Persia creator Jordan Mechner. In October 2011, Verhoeven confirmed The Last Express as the identity of the game in question, and revealed that he is even considering filming it in 3D.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 01 August 2012 10:38 AM

Fien has abandoned me already, so you’re stuck with on Wednesdays too. Meh I really want to thank her for her contributions over the past 6 weeks. Until I run out of ideas for that category (which shouldn’t take long), I’m making Wednesdays “Official Fien day”.

TLE is a classic must-play. Win7 compatible at dotemu.com and GOG.

EDIT: Where the hell has the clickable show-thread (or whatever it is called) button at the bottom of the reply screen disappeared to? Come back, little button! We need you.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Good game, but overrated. I didn’t like having to rewind the game when down the track I realised I’d done something wrong or not done something, and having to replay sections again and again to get it all correctly orchestrated. I don’t know how they could have done it differently though. Maybe it’s the static screens and timing system which didn’t work well together, and would be improved in full 3D where characters can’t just disappear when you follow them down the hall.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 01 August 2012 11:55 AM

Good game, but overrated.

You, of all people? The person who enjoys death in games? Tongue

The Last Express is underrated. Like Toonstruck. I don’t care for a cult following. Underrated, I tell you!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

One of my absolute favorites. I tried to start a thread about it a few weeks ago…

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/344/

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Reading so many comments about it I bought TLE from GOG earlier in the year & I loved the graphical style of it! The story was very intriguing but it is most definitely a game you want to & have to replay to get the full benefit of it as the plot unravels quite slowly!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I played this fairly recently and gave it 4.5/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I want to play it, I really do. I started it, but the mere thought that I’m missing conversations really freezes me up. I’m the type to want to play through all available conversations to learn everything!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I also would like to give it a try, but it seems so complicated with events and conversations occuring at the same time. Replaying sections over and over doesn’t sound appealing. But all the talk about TLE does intrigue me, no doubt!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 01 August 2012 12:18 PM
Oscar - 01 August 2012 11:55 AM

Good game, but overrated.

You, of all people? The person who enjoys death in games? Tongue

The Last Express is underrated. Like Toonstruck. I don’t care for a cult following. Underrated, I tell you!

I’ve never heard anyone say anything negative about it. And it’s in the site’s top 10 of all time! And yes, isn’t it ironic that so many people hate AG deaths, but love rewinding games to catch missed conversations and replay sections they later learned they did wrong!

Toonstruck is even more overrated if you ask me.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Jelena - 01 August 2012 06:21 PM

I also would like to give it a try, but it seems so complicated with events and conversations occuring at the same time. Replaying sections over and over doesn’t sound appealing. But all the talk about TLE does intrigue me, no doubt!

Screwing up is inevitable. It’s also part of the fun. When you allow the game to do the rewinding for you, it will automatically take you back to a point in time where the game was still winnable.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Fien - 01 August 2012 06:34 PM

When you allow the game to do the rewinding for you, it will automatically take you back to a point in time where the game was still winnable.

OK, that’s a plus. I was afraid I’d have to randomly start sections over and over not knowing what went wrong or where it went wrong.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I didn’t think much of this game, to be honest. It isn’t one I want to replay either. Meh The game’s graphic-style doesn’t appeal to me and, like others, the fact you have to replay sections over and over if you missed/failed to do something eventually got on my nerves.

After a while I just decided ‘to hell with it’ and used a walkthrough for the rest of the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top