• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 01 November 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

This is David Poulson. He’s a teacher and in the screenshot he is reading the new rules for the next school curriculum. Smile One day he wakes up and finds an eviction note. His landlord says he hasn’t paid his rent and is supposed to be dead. Well, he isn’t. But the authorities have declared him non-existent, which makes life pretty complicated in Conspirocracy (2013). Now poor David has to find and present all kinds of documents to prove he’s actually alive. It’s a fun 3rd-person game with classic inventory-based puzzles and dialogues. A nice addition is the stress meter which changes all the time. For instance it goes up when David calls his ex-wife Naughty and down when he listens to soothing music on the radio. When it turns to red, you’ve had it.

[mini-rant]
All these threads with topics like Are Adventures Really Making A Comeback and The Evolution of Graphic Adventure Games... the many discussions about remakes and disappointing games produced by big names on Kickstarter… the bitching whenever the name TellTale comes up. But how many people actually play indie games like Conspirocracy? It’s way more under the radar than for instance Oknytt. It was reviewed by AG; haven’t seen it discussed anywhere, not even here on the forums. 
[/mini-rant]

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It is because of the games like Conspirocracy that adventure genre survived in its toughest times! It is because of the games like Conspirocracy that we don’t have to fear for the future! It is because of the games like Conspirocracy that we have today’s AGSOTD! It is because of the games like Conspirocracy that we will ALWAYS have AGSOTD! It is because of the games like Conspiro…

Hey, who turned the microphone off?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 01 November 2014 08:28 AM

Soapboxes are not allowed by the Bureau of Needless Exposition.
Complaints to be directed to the Bureau of Bureaucratic Oversight and don’t forget to bring your Certificate of Life.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Indie and freeware games don’t exist for some people. It’s always those people creating the “Are adventure games making a comeback?” threads.

My view is I will never be able to say there aren’t enough quality AGs coming out until I’ve finished my huge backlog of old AGs - over 100 games. When that’s done, there will be more oldies to be discovered. Like Conspirocracy - thanks Karlok Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 01 November 2014 08:28 AM

Maybe we need the Ignobel Awards Speech Ender for cases like this? Tongue

Anyway, I agree that the indies is where it’s at.

The premise of this game reminds me a bit of Douglas Adams’ Bureaucracy. Are there any similarities apart from the red tape?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zifnab - 01 November 2014 08:43 AM

My view is I will never be able to say there aren’t enough quality AGs coming out until I’ve finished my huge backlog of old AGs - over 100 games. When that’s done, there will be more oldies to be discovered. Like Conspirocracy - thanks Karlok Shifty Eyed

I agree (apart from the Shifty Eyed smiley - I’m actually happy that this is the case!).
Also makes me completely immune to postponed release dates. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 01 November 2014 08:53 AM

The premise of this game reminds me a bit of Douglas Adams’ Bureaucracy. Are there any similarities apart from the red tape?

Not really. Bureaucracy also had some kind of meter that could kill you.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It was talked about

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2349/

Just probably not many people played.
That’s why these AGSOTD threads should always exist

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 01 November 2014 08:23 AM

[mini-rant]
All these threads with topics like Are Adventures Really Making A Comeback and The Evolution of Graphic Adventure Games... the many discussions about remakes and disappointing games produced by big names on Kickstarter… the bitching whenever the name TellTale comes up. But how many people actually play indie games like Conspirocracy? It’s way more under the radar than for instance Oknytt. It was reviewed by AG; haven’t seen it discussed anywhere, not even here on the forums. 
[/mini-rant]

I love the screenshot & the premise of the game.
I have more AGs (including lots of new ones) than I have time to play so I’m a tad tired of all these boring repetitive posts referring to the demise of AG games & how **** the new ones are ... & also yes we should pay more attention to the Indies! I just haven’t got the available hours each week to play all of the new games, let alone the old ones, from my favourite dead, dying, hibernating genre!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve not had the pleasure of reading 50 Shades of Grey but it can’t be too much more boring than The Great Gatsby…can it?  Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar, you’ll be happy to hear the rest of the new rules:

Grade 11 students will now read two books by Ann Coulter instead of two books by Margaret Atwood.
Grade 10 students will now read the Secret and Confessions of a Shopaholic instead of Hamlet, and Things Fall Apart.
Grade 9 students will now read the Harry Potter books instead of To Kill A Mockingbird.

Margaret Atwood! You can tell it’s a Canadian game. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top