• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Riddle Me This! (Quiz)

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Adventurere No.1 - 21 May 2012 09:17 PM
Bastich - 21 May 2012 08:55 PM
Adventurere No.1 - 21 May 2012 08:50 PM

is there any limit for guessing (not the screenshots) the games?

they can be game characters or game developers as well.

Developer? can it be a name of a person(A Developer) as well? , or only Company/Studio (Developer) !

It could be either one. Don’t get too outlandish in your thinking though. I would only choose someone REALLY famous when it came to individual developers.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

The PM system limits the maximum number of messages that can be sent in one day so I can’t reply to all of you to tell you if your answers are correct.

I will do so in this thread for those that wind up over the limit on a given day via the leaderboard and individually as below.

————————————————————————

jbhypnos, all 4 of your riddle guesses were correct.
Adventurere No.1, your guess for riddle E was incorrect.
zobraks, all 10 of your guesses were correct

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

oooh , Same old story !!  Sick  Cry  ..... Tongue

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Well, collectively you’ve answered 84% of the riddles now and with one exception things are working out exactly as I thought they would. The exception is U, which I originally thought was too easy and I wasn’t going to include it. It seems I was totally wrong about that one. Apparently it’s a bit more devious than I thought. Yes, I am laughing maniacally and rubbing my hands together right now…

Anyway, I just want to bring to your attention some screenshots that might trip you up because they aren’t exactly like the originals. I don’t think it really matters all that much but I have updated the shots below.

That’s #4 on the left and #31 on the right. If you have made incorrect guesses on either of these, they will no longer count against you.

#22 has had the last name removed from the picture, but I did that on purpose and you’re stuck with it. It completely gives away the game. The first name is helpful enough as it is.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Love the quiz! Especially considering how bad I usually am at guessing screenshots. I couldn’t resist submitting answers for some of them, though.

I was almost ashamed when I submitted my answer for G, because of how far-fetched it was. Of course, if I’m correct, you’re the one who should be ashamed, Bastich! Wink

Also, I’ll confess that I wouldn’t have got U if it you hadn’t commented on it.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

harald - 24 May 2012 05:03 PM

Love the quiz! Especially considering how bad I usually am at guessing screenshots. I couldn’t resist submitting answers for some of them, though.

I was almost ashamed when I submitted my answer for G, because of how far-fetched it was. Of course, if I’m correct, you’re the one who should be ashamed, Bastich! Wink

LOL! It WAS pretty evil wasn’t it? The fact that you have guessed it means the clues weren’t completely unfair though, so I feel no shame.

harald - 24 May 2012 05:03 PM

Also, I’ll confess that I wouldn’t have got U if it you hadn’t commented on it.

You weren’t the only one. Zobraks submitted the answer right after you. Apparently it just took a little goading.

Maybe I should try it for the other two…

Everything is going as I planned except for E & S, which I almost didn’t use because they were SO easy!!! I can’t believe no one has guessed them yet!!!! Wink

[Waits…]

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s still early days!  Smile

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bastich - 24 May 2012 05:54 PM

Everything is going as I planned except for E & S, which I almost didn’t use because they were SO easy!!! I can’t believe no one has guessed them yet!!!!

Well, everything is easy and logical once you figure out a solution.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I’m not sure if what I said was interpreted and/or communicated properly. That comment about E & S was meant to be a joke. Oh well. Just ignore it and move on…

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

Woohoo! Chrissie got the last riddle! That shows that while some of my riddles may be pure evil, none are impossible.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bastich - the clues for that are brilliant!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

His clues are very clever, but they’re making my brain hurt.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

It seems like the screenshots are much harder than the riddles based on the scores so far. We have 3 people who have 20 or more riddles guessed, but not one person has guessed even half the screenshots. I think it is because of the large number of inventory items and the fact that I was rather limited by my riddles as to what pictures I could choose.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

For me both are difficult. Meh
For the riddles I assume there is wordplay involved that is beyond my English vocabulary. I’ll probably just throw in some unfounded guesses.
The screens are hard because they don’t have anything in common. It’s much easier to look for sunsets than for 100 different unrelated things. Still I like the challenge! Not finished looking though.

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

This is just a reminder that this contest ends on Monday, June 04, 2012 at 12am GMT.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top