• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 24 October 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I started to replay Acalius: Enemies of the Wild (2005), an independent production by Arachnid Interactive, about a month ago but couldn’t find the patch needed to continue.  Embarrassingly for the developers the initial download of the patch at the time came with a free trojan for some players including myself!
It’s a 1st person perspective game where you play as Sergeant Eric Renfield, voiced by John Bell, who is sent to the planet Squal in the Acalius galaxy to track down some missing scientists. Despite the simple stark graphics of the game I found it quite interesting but very hard as the puzzles involve a lot of cross-referencing of clues so note-taking is essential!  Unfortunately I can’t remember the ending. Did anyone else play this?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Haven’t played the game, but John Bell is a familiar name. I remember his voice from The Arrangement, Scratches, and of course the sneering narrator in Al Emmo.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 24 October 2014 07:05 AM

Haven’t played the game, but John Bell is a familiar name. I remember his voice from The Arrangement, Scratches, and of course the sneering narrator in Al Emmo.

Apart from those 3 games he’s also provided voicing for at least another 15 most of them well-known.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You’ve just wasted a perfect opportunity to stump everyone (zobraks included) in the “Adventure game scene… uh, game” thread - I’m sure if you posted this, everyone would be looking for a game released in the late 90s, and not 2005. Grin (not saying the graphics aren’t stylish, it’s just that particular “early 3D” feel to it)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 24 October 2014 07:30 AM

You’ve just wasted a perfect opportunity to stump everyone (zobraks included) in the “Adventure game scene… uh, game” thread - I’m sure if you posted this, everyone would be looking for a game released in the late 90s, and not 2005. Grin (not saying the graphics aren’t stylish, it’s just that particular “early 3D” feel to it)

The eensy weensy problem with that is that I have to guess the current screen before I can post myself & I’ve been looking but half the time I just don’t have a clue also I think it would be very difficult to stump zobraks! (especially as I didn’t get very far & had to ‘steal’ the screenshot from the web!)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top