• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Still Life Lockpicking Puzzle

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-08-31

PM

It seems I am so bad at mechanical puzzles that I’m following a walk-through for this and I still can’t do it!

I’ve tried both the Universal Hint System step-by-step guide and another walkthrough I found, but I still get stuck on the red tumblers.

My problem seems to be with what UHS labels Tumbler M. It’s meant to lock tumbler G, but it doesn’t, so I can’t get to Tumbler H.

YouTube has yielded several videos of people fiddling with the lock, but nothing that does the correct solution step by step. Does anyone know of such a video, or have any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’ve written down the UHS instructions and followed them carefully from the beginning, always leading to the same result.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been able to do this on my own (yay me) but I think last time I did still check one of them. The trick of the puzzle is that you have to take a small step backwards at least once. The instructions should be fine though, it’s usually the human error that messes things up.

I think I used this walkthru to check that one tumbler. As it says:

“Follow the solution by clicking on the numbers - even if they are duplicated or even if you think nothing is happening. Click on the other lock pick during the ‘s’ part of the solution.
Do it carefully and slowly.”

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top