• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 15 October 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sniveling, groveling, begging on your knees, go for it Saavedro! Nurse Ratchett loves it.  Innocent  Billy’s NONONONO was heart-rending, but I burst out laughing when Saavedro did the same thing in Myst Exile , dressed in one of the red curtains with all the symbols. Impossible to take the guy seriously. Perhaps because he looks a lot like Grima and has the same mean streak. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Wow! I alwys took him very seriously!! Perhaps because both Billy’s and Saavedro’s pleads where extremely tragic circumstances, taking into account everything these characters suffered….Superb performance as Saavedro of course. The main reason Dourif played the role was because he was a great Myst fan.

Also known for the role of Grima in LotR

EDIT: Is there any other actor from One Flew over the Coockoo’s Nest who played in an adventure game? Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 15 October 2014 06:22 AM

The main reason he played the role was because he was a great Myst fan.

I didn’t know that!

But the thought crossed my mind that the developers deliberately made him repeat his NONONO scene.

Eh… have you read my post?  Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

EDIT: Is there any other actor from One Flew from the Coockoo’s Nest who played in an adventure game? Tongue

Expect Nurse Ratchett to make an appearance tomorrow!  Gasp

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 15 October 2014 06:25 AM

Eh… have you read my post?  Tongue

(Facepalm with a Pan)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Brad Dourif is underrated as an actor, imo, and has spent way too much of his career in B-movies. Despite the fact that he’s deliciously hammy as a horror villain, I prefer to see him in serious roles.

His Doc Cochrane in Deadwood is actually my favourite role of his.

EDIT: Is there any other actor from One Flew over the Coockoo’s Nest who played in an adventure game? Tongue

Vincent Schiavelli was in Blade Runner. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2014 06:48 AM

Vincent Schiavelli was in Blade Runner. Wink

As a voice actor. Doesn’t count.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Looks like we have “They also starred in One Flew…” week on our hands.
I like it.

And now for the off-topic:
[spoiler]

Karlok - 15 October 2014 04:34 AM

Zobraks, Discworld is a GREAT game and I know I’m going to enjoy this playthrough. It’s been ages since I visited the world that turtles all the way down.

And that pretty much explains your enthusiasm (“positivity”): a lot of time that passed and bad memory probably helped you forget the TDW horror of Discworld (1995).
But I played it in 2010.

Who cares about a few thatdoesntworks…

We’re not talking about “a few” TDWs in Discworld, there are (literally) hundreds of those.[/spoiler]

P.S. In case you’re wondering why I wrote this here: I wanted to spare Sefir of my negativity .
When it comes to Discworld I have tons of that.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

zobraks - 15 October 2014 07:45 AM

[spoiler]

Zobraks, Discworld is a GREAT game and I know I’m going to enjoy this playthrough. It’s been ages since I visited the world that turtles all the way down.

That pretty much explains your enthusiasm: a lot of time that passed and bad memory probably helped you forget the TDW horror of Discworld (1995).
But I played it in 2010.

Who cares about a few thatdoesntworks…

We’re not talking about “a few” TDWs in Discworld, there are (literally) hundreds of those. [/spoiler]

We get it. You don’t like Discworld (or probably every AGCP since Fien left).

Are you really going to continue posting negative comments in every thread available???  Meh

zobraks - 15 October 2014 07:45 AM

P.S. In case you’re wondering why I wrote this here: I wanted to spare Sefir of my negativity .
When it comes to Discworld I have tons of that..

...and share it with a community that already voted for it and wants to have fun with it. How mature…

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Reading my posts is not mandatory (as far as I know).
Why don’t you put me on your “ignore” list and get it over with?
I’ll be honored.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hey guys, need a peacemaker? I’ll push myself forward since I’m cut out for the part. Hehehe… Naughty

Sefir, I’m going to enjoy Discword no matter what zobraks says, and so will you.
Zobraks, I remember my playthrough perfectly. Strange that its marvelous humor doesn’t appeal to someone like you.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 15 October 2014 12:17 PM

Zobraks, I remember my playthrough perfectly. Strange that its marvelous humor doesn’t appeal to someone like you.

All the good humo(u)r (if there was a humo(u)r in Discworld (1995) - I was so frustrated with the gameplay that I can’t remember anything funny) was drown in a continuous drone of THAT DOESN’T WORK.
My English is too weak to express all the NEGATIVITY toward that game, but this fellow did a great job of saying it all (pay attention to a part called A Game That Does It, although the whole article is great and worth reading).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Brad Dourif is awesome but I still haven’t played a single Myst game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow! I alwys took him very seriously!! Perhaps because both Billy’s and Saavedro’s pleads where extremely tragic circumstances, taking into account everything these characters suffered….Superb performance as Saavedro of course.

I thought he was great in Myst 3.  Extremely Tragic indeed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top