• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 08 October 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I tried to find more reviews and opinions of people who finished yesterday’s AGSotD, Alt-Minds, and discovered that Lexis Numérique hasn’t been around for some time. Very sad, it came as a shock to me that this innovative company didn’t make it. Frown Last I heard they were doing a Kickstarter for Taxi Journey, which was unfortunately unsuccesful.

So today’s AGSotD is an hommage to Lexis Numérique. Evidence: The Last Ritual (2006), the sequel to Missing/In Memoriam.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

What a beautiful screenshot…
(notes it for desctop background)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, seeing as how some regulars weren’t even aware of Alt-Minds’ existence, maybe that was a massive flop for Lexis Numérique???

I’d love to see them return, though. The least you can say about them is that they’re innovative!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 08 October 2014 06:59 AM

Well, seeing as how some regulars weren’t even aware of Alt-Minds’ existence, maybe that was a massive flop for Lexis Numérique???

I guess so. Found a German site with very positive reviews by participants who finished Alt-Minds and worked together on puzzles that required collaboration. But there were not even ten German players left by the end. Playing three hours a day, every single day for eight weeks, is not something most people are willing to do.

BTW, Lexis Numérique had announced Alt-Minds transmedia experience would be repeated later in 2013, but that never happened afaik.

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 08 October 2014 06:35 AM

So today’s AGSotD is an hommage to Lexis Numérique. Evidence: The Last Ritual (2006), the sequel to Missing/In Memoriam.

I never played the game as I was completely put off by In Memoriam - I had a few technical difficulties & after a lot of trouble managed to get connected to the websites necessary but alas! on starting the game (as I remember) played for about 2 hours trying, unsuccessfully, to do these awful puzzles before I quit. I bought the game because I thought the whole concept was interesting & wish I could have got over the initial puzzles but….. is the sequel any better?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The sequel is more or less the same. Internet-based puzzles, but also lots of stand-alone puzzles.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The problem with In Memoriam was always walkthroughs showing up in internet searchs, I guess Alt-Minds solved that with the real-time aspect. Too bad it didn’t work in the end except for the fez dedicated people.

Total Posts: 2070

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Tried playing one of their first games, but the linking sites were dead by then, making it impossible to play. But I got Experience112 at the time, and it was a truly unique, even groundbreaking experience that was ignored by many.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top