• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 03 October 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bosch’s Damnation (2014) is the 10th game in the Carol Reed Mystery series by Swedish independent developers MDNA Games.

As with the previous games I thought the photography was stunning with the still pictures in this 1st person perspective slideshow presentation brought to life with a pleasant soundtrack, reasonable voice-acting & a quite intricate but engaging story.  The photos of the characters that you interact with are captured so well that I always remember them as being animated as with watching a subtitled film in another language that you imagine in hindsight was spoken in your own!

I love the way that the fictional story intertwines with some historical fact & you get a virtual tour of actual places especially the museums that I’ll never get to visit as well as a glimpse into Swedish homes.

I was quite amused by a poster on another forum who commented that the pyramid featured in the game looked fake – well it does really exist but of course it’s fake – it’s in Sweden!!! 

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 03 October 2014 06:09 AM

I was quite amused by a poster on another forum who commented that the pyramid featured in the game looked fake

Of course it’s fake - there are no pharaohs in that pyramid, I checked it.

Nancy Drew Carol Reed games are really something special. I’ve played them all and I love(d) them all. I admire Mikael Nyquist and his continual efforts (since 2004!) to deliver a new game each year. I even started making & stashing pictures from my home town (which is at least as colo(u)rful as Norrkoping) and toying with some ideas about an adventure of my own. Stay tuned (and prepare hard cash! ).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked the wonderful locations in Bosch Damnation. It’s not really my type of game, but the photographs are amazing. I even felt encouraged to play another Carol Reed game, and I probably will do a third one.

zobraks - 03 October 2014 07:09 AM

I even started making & stashing pictures from my home town (which is at least as colo(u)rful as Norrkoping) and toying with some ideas about an adventure of my own. Stay tuned (and prepare hard cash! ).

Thumbs Up

Consider your game pre-ordered!  I’m gonna start saving right now.

P.S. Hey, can I be in your game? I’d make a great grouchy female janitor leaning on a broomstick or a stuck-up stuffy librarian or a nagging mother-in-law or…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 03 October 2014 07:52 AM

Hey, can I be in your game?

You’re on.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ooooooh!  Heart Eyes I’ll be your Len Green!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 04 October 2014 06:56 AM

I’ll be your Len Green!

Erm… I intended to use you in the role of an exotic dancer in my masterpiece, actually .
These games need to be spiced, otherwise no-one buys them.

I considered Len Green too, but I’ve heard he’s a lousy belly dancer.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 04 October 2014 07:03 AM
Karlok - 04 October 2014 06:56 AM

I’ll be your Len Green!

Erm… I intended to use you in the role of an exotic dancer in my masterpiece, actually .
These games need to be spiced, otherwise no-one buys them.

Yippee! Finally I can show the world what I can do without doing a humiliating audition before a biased AG Got Talent jury. Thank you!

I considered Len Green too, but I’ve heard he’s a lousy belly dancer.

No comment.  Sealed Lips

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I could have offered my services for the belly dancing role a few years ago but I’ve lost so much weight I just don’t have anything to swing around anymore!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Did someone say “belly dance”? Cool Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 04 October 2014 08:02 AM

I could have offered my services for the belly dancing role a few years ago but I’ve lost so much weight I just don’t have anything to swing around anymore!

Skinny tattooed women are all the rage in the latest AG’s, so I’d be glad to have you as an actress in my masterpiece. The budget is too low for Angelina Jolie, anyway.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s a done deal but although I’m not Angelina Jolie please don’t expect me to be cheap!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hehehe… and let zobraks pay for your tattoo!  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top