• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 29 September 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

In Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (2010), a 3rd person-perspective game, you can switch between controlling one of 3 playable ghost spirits whose goal is to complete a set of tasks, including their own independent ones, in order to be able to return to their earthly bodies. I loved the story, found the characters engaging & thought the graphics were gorgeous! The game is complete & worth playing if you enjoyed A Vampyre Story by the same developers!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I really enjoyed that game and for some reason have been thinking about it for the past month.  I think today is the day that I try and dig it out and replay it. I hope it works on my windows 7 machine!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

mbday630 - 29 September 2014 06:35 AM

I really enjoyed that game and for some reason have been thinking about it for the past month.  I think today is the day that I try and dig it out and replay it. I hope it works on my windows 7 machine!

After having the game sitting in a stack since it came out I finally got round to playing it for the 1st time last year - it installed & played with no problems on my Win 7 64 bit system!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I love this game, and I actually began replaying it for the third time yesterday. With Bill Tillers Duke Grabowski on its final week at Kickstarter, I’m in a real piratey mood Grin If you want more games like this, I urge you to check out Duke’s kickstarter, and make a pledge, because it really needs a few more backers to succeed. More swashbucklin` Bill Tiller adventures can only make the world a better place Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I wonder why GPoVI wasn’t bashed like that Spanish? game in development that in the end designers were forced to completely change the look of the leading female character!?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bogi - 29 September 2014 04:19 PM

I wonder why GPoVI wasn’t bashed like that Spanish? game in development that in the end designers were forced to completely change the look of the leading female character!?

The answer to that question should be self evident - it wasn’t kickstarted!
(And it was at least to some degree criticized for Starlings features)

GPoVI is actually a quite good game, that I believe have been overlooked by many.
Some nice gameplay elements, good graphics and a at least occasionally funny script, what more can you ask for.

A candidate for the next community playthrough perhaps?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Thanks Chrissie for the nudge. I found the disk and am playing the game right now… I forgot how much fun I had playing it before. I think I played it twice before… (old age, can’t remember for sure). I love the interface. They knew how to make games!

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Iznogood - 29 September 2014 05:45 PM

The answer to that question should be self evident - it wasn’t kickstarted!
(And it was at least to some degree criticized for Starlings features)

GPoVI is actually a quite good game, that I believe have been overlooked by many.
Some nice gameplay elements, good graphics and a at least occasionally funny script, what more can you ask for.

A candidate for the next community playthrough perhaps?

Wait are we talking about the same game? Where the leading character should have been a nice lady with bonny feminine attributes and then the designers were briskly criticized for that, almost abused so they needed to change her look?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Bogi - 29 September 2014 06:41 PM

Wait are we talking about the same game? Where the leading character should have been a nice lady with bonny feminine attributes and then the designers were briskly criticized for that, almost abused so they needed to change her look?

No… and Yes. I directly answered your question, which was why GPoVI wasn’t bashed more than it was, and the answer to that is because it wasn’t Kickstarted.

Whereas AR:K which also featured a lady with some noticeable attributes, was bashed for that a lot during their kickstarter campaign, and they ended up toning it down a little to assure their funding.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I enjoyed this game immensely, including the infamous charades challenge. Difficult if you’ve never played charades. Easy peasy if you have.

I never thought my gaming would benefit from having a large, traditional family. That loves playing charades.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top