• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 25 September 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The third Moonstruck game is Voyage: Journey to the Moon (2005), based on Jules Verne. Kheops made some pretty good adventures. They had a distinct style and creative inventories. It’s sad that they’re gone.  Cry

If there are aliens out there, I hope they resemble the lovely Selenite in the screenshot. I don’t like the archetypal emaciated, pale alien with the big head and black ovals for eyes in the Pandora Directive, Drowned God, and yesterday’s AGSotD The Ward.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I played Voyage in December of 2006 and still have fond memories of those days.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Voyage is one of those games I bought on a sale sometime ago, but have never actually gotten around to playing. Perhaps I should give it a try?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes.  Smile

My Kheops favorites are the Return to Mysterious Island adventures, but Voyage is a good one too.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Isn’t this the game where you died very early on if you didn’t know how to create oxygen in the spaceship?

If it is then that’s as far as I got Smile

And Karlok, just to add, the aliens in PD were based on the supposed actual alien descriptions at Roswell (I think).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I enjoyed Voyage but it’s not one of my favourite Kheops’ games. I still think of those timed jumps you have to do to start with when you get to the moon!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yep, that’s the game, Jabod.  Don’t let that stop you from playing it! The spaceship is not the best part.

IMO.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 25 September 2014 05:10 AM

Kheops made some pretty good adventures. They had a distinct style and creative inventories. It’s sad that they’re gone.  Cry

I’m yet to play majority of Kheops titles, so no harm done! Grin (I agree - Return to Mysterious Island was revolutionary, especially in the puzzle department).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 25 September 2014 10:33 AM

And Karlok, just to add, the aliens in PD were based on the supposed actual alien descriptions at Roswell (I think).

They were? I didn’t know that. But to tell you the truth, after I’d written how lovely the Selenites are I realized they too looked kind of emaciated and had big heads with dark holes for eyes.  Shifty Eyed At least they’re not pale. And they wear cool clothes. 

Prepare for a midweek special of my favorite aliens!  Cool

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 25 September 2014 11:05 AM

Prepare for a midweek special of my favorite aliens!  Cool

Does that mean Moonstruck is over? I know of at least one more Victorian game where the ultimate “goal” is to rocket yourself to the moon. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 25 September 2014 04:38 PM

Does that mean Moonstruck is over?

Yes.

I know of at least one more Victorian game where the ultimate “goal” is to rocket yourself to the moon. Tongue

The Gene Machine is essentially an Earth game. My Moonstruck games do not take place on Earth. There you have it.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Best Kheops game, along with Mysterious Island and Dracula 3. All three were designed by a very talented Alexis Lang. This one is a real delight for steampunk and sci-fi fans.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Glad you’re back, Doom!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Thanks, Karlok Smile I had some busy summer.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top