• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Freeware Game Recommendations

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I completely agree with Chrissie on this. Yes there is google, we know that of course, but it’s so much nicer to see a screenshot and a reason for why someone feels the game is good. Otherwise, there’s also no point to this thread, we could just google all the free ags games. I’m always a bit frustrated by people saying that Google exists because it’s really a heavy handed sarcastic way of putting down people.

Now in the spirit of the thread, let me recommend one more game PISS by Ben Chandler which was part of the AGS Summerbatch bundle in 2012 and was made available through RPS http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/16/fancy-a-decent-adventure-then-go-for-a-piss/

It’s actually my favorite game of his but really all of his games are great ( http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/author/Ben304 for them)

It’s the story of Moira, she’s a aimless depressed mercenary who has forgotten her past and wants to keep it that way. I like games with good story and good dialogues and this game provides both. The ending left me wanting more and doesn’t provide a full resolution but maybe it’s better that way.

Image Attachments

YIR9w.png

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s much nicer to see picture and comment on a game, while I’m sitting and eating my cookies and drinking milk, not needing to open two separate windows to check screenshots separately. Sometimes I will do exactly that, and sometimes I’m lazy, and like to get the full package. Remember what Spiderman said: “With great Google-power, comes great responsibility”. If we used Google for everything, we’d ended up not needing to go to the toilet because Google would do it for us. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I’d like to recommend Mudlarks; one of the best free adventure games I have reviewed for the Following Freeware series. It’s about two guys who go outmudlarking on the banks of the Thames every now and then to try and find valuable or interesting stuff there. One day, one of the two friends seems to suddenly have disappeared from the face of the earth. Of course the other guy is concerned and tries to find him. This takes him to a quarantine tent, a Victorian-like seance and lots of places all over London, before he finds out a horrible secret.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 22 September 2014 06:31 PM

If we used Google for everything, we’d ended up not needing to go to the toilet because Google would do it for us. Tongue

That actually sounds pretty good!  Tongue

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

It’s great that pictures are nicer for you people. I don’t understand why that means the thread is pointless without them.

I personally care which titles people like enough to post about here, and do my own research from there. I benefited from this thread before pictures. Pictures don’t bother me in the least, but they’re not essential to me. Yet, people here insist on telling me my recommendations are useless because I format them the way I like. Beyond being fallacious (Google can’t tell you which members like which games) it’s just rude.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Antrax - 23 September 2014 05:19 AM

It’s great that pictures are nicer for you people. I don’t understand why that means the thread is pointless without them.

I personally care which titles people like enough to post about here, and do my own research from there. I benefited from this thread before pictures. Pictures don’t bother me in the least, but they’re not essential to me. Yet, people here insist on telling me my recommendations are useless because I format them the way I like. Beyond being fallacious (Google can’t tell you which members like which games) it’s just rude.

It’s great that the thread benefitted you for the whole week + 1 day that it ran!

I don’t think it’s necessary to post a picture but it’s nicer!

The idea is to keep this thread going so I’m sorry if my suggestions **** some members off!

NB Yes I have edited this post!

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I wrote detailed user reviews for both Donna and Nelly. I think it’s the best place to put one’s opinion at.

[edit]
Now I see you’ve edited your post, rendering my reply less relevant.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Antrax - 24 September 2014 09:44 AM

I wrote detailed user reviews for both Donna and Nelly. I think it’s the best place to put one’s opinion at.

[edit]
Now I see you’ve edited your post, rendering my reply less relevant.

I edited the post because I thought it was too wordy but to make your reply relevant I wrote:

“you recommended Donna: Avenger of Blood which you made a few comments about – it’s sound like an RPG to me but is it? Come back & say more about it (even if you don’t want to post a screenshot!) to generate some interest in looking it up on Google if they have to!! Also Nelly Cahoots - just because someone likes a game doesn’t mean everyone else will!”

You’ve written reviews for those! I’ve noticed that some posters have included links which seems to work as an alternative to posting your own screenshot so it would be great if you posted some direct links to your reviews which I would be interested in reading & would benefit this thread!

diego made a good point about Googling: 

diego - 22 September 2014 06:31 PM

It’s much nicer to see picture and comment on a game, while I’m sitting and eating my cookies and drinking milk, not needing to open two separate windows to check screenshots separately.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

chrissie - 24 September 2014 05:56 PM

it would be great if you posted some direct links to your reviews

Regrettably impossible currently. You can link to all your user reviews or to all user reviews for a given game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Antrax - 25 September 2014 12:42 AM
chrissie - 24 September 2014 05:56 PM

it would be great if you posted some direct links to your reviews

Regrettably impossible currently. You can link to all your user reviews or to all user reviews for a given game.

A direct link to a given game with the user reviews would be useful!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pardon the *bump*, but this seems like the best place to ask:

I noticed the game Bitstream in September’s “Following Freeware” article, and it sounds really interesting.

So, can anyone who actually played the game (tsa?) maybe tell me (more or less) how long it takes to finish?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2016-05-26

PM

Hey guys!

A short and free Heavy Metal point’n'click game called “Rehearsal of Doom” has been released yesterday. I already played it and liked it a lot!

https://gamejolt.com/games/rehearsalofdoom/551878

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top