• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 19 September 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A mix-up of tickets at the airport in Jessica Plunkenstein and The Dusseldorf Conspiracy (2005), sends adventurer extraordinaire Dr Harris on his way to Miss Pernilla’s Institute for Unwifely Women, & rebellious teenager Jessica, the protagonist, to the Amazon jungle where she takes up Harris’s next mission to stop the evil Baron Von Dusseldorf from taking over the world with his musicals! 

Yes! It’s a crazy but well constructed story brought to life by the wonderfully voiced-acted & humorous dialogue although the emphasis is on solving a succession of inventory puzzles in order to progress. The game took me at least 7 hours to complete, it’s absolutely FREE from the developers’ greGames & well worth playing if you don’t mind basic graphics & a classic interface! 

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jessica Franken Plunkenstein had cost me a couple of valuable points in one of the quizzes of the olden days.

I like your mini review of the game, Chrissie.
It makes me want to play that quirky adventure.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I always thought this one looked like fun.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ve always wanted to play this free game, it got good reviews. And then I go and spend money on games like Stranded…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I was enjoying this until I hit the arcade sequence (climbing the stairs/escalator) which put me off and I’ve not gone back to it but it was fun up till then and even the couple of places you could die were perfectly ok, so much so I deliberately took an action to see if I would die by doing it.

I really must go back to this one and, as Chrissie says, for free it’s really very, very good at least up to the point where I stopped Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 19 September 2014 07:24 AM

I was enjoying this until I hit the arcade sequence (climbing the stairs/escalator) which put me off and I’ve not gone back to it but it was fun up till then and even the couple of places you could die were perfectly ok, so much so I deliberately took an action to see if I would die by doing it.

Arcade sequence on an escalator??????? ..........couple of places you could die???????
Did we play the same game Jabod? as I never came across any arcade sequences & there certainly didn’t seem any ways to die! I couldn’t even get the ‘Venus Llama Trap’ to eat Jessica’s llama! as it’s not that kind of game!

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 19 September 2014 07:46 AM
Jabod - 19 September 2014 07:24 AM

Arcade sequence on an escalator??????? ..........couple of places you could die???????
Did we play the same game Jabod? as I never came across any arcade sequences & there certainly didn’t seem any ways to die! I couldn’t even get the ‘Venus Llama Trap’ to eat Jessica’s llama! as it’s not that kind of game!

Ooops!
Wrong game!

I know I stopped playing Jessica for some reason but not for the above. Can’t remember why now. I got as far as acquiring the llama and was heading out into somewhere and that is where (I think) I stopped. And yes, it was a good game and well worth people’s time and trouble.

I’m now going to go crazy trying to remember which game I was originally thinking of

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m curious now too Jabod! (just so I can avoid it!)  Laughing

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 19 September 2014 09:14 AM

Actually Chrissie it was a good game. I know it was an AGS driven freeware game and the protagonist was female. The only section where you could die/had the escalator arcade bit (you had to guess which steps to tread on as odd steps would disappear and you had to reach the top) was a circus type place. The death bits were easy to avoid (being eaten by a snake, getting blown up opening a safe amongst others). I think you had to pass through various portals and there could have been a time travel part but it was 2 or 3 years ago and me memory isn’t what it was.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 19 September 2014 09:22 AM
chrissie - 19 September 2014 09:14 AM

Actually Chrissie it was a good game. I know it was an AGS driven freeware game and the protagonist was female. The only section where you could die/had the escalator arcade bit (you had to guess which steps to tread on as odd steps would disappear and you had to reach the top) was a circus type place. The death bits were easy to avoid (being eaten by a snake, getting blown up opening a safe amongst others). I think you had to pass through various portals and there could have been a time travel part but it was 2 or 3 years ago and me memory isn’t what it was.

Thanks Jabod, now you’ve said more about it (the circus type place sounds interesting!) I’m more intrigued - there are so many good freeware games which I wish I had more time to try!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top