• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 12 September 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wasn’t planning on posting a screenshot from Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within (2012) today as I haven’t got around to playing it yet but I didn’t want to spoil the flow (ha!) of Karlok’s spontaneous ship series! Has anyone else played it & if so how does it compare to the 1st as from what I’ve gleaned from reviews it seems to contain a lot more action?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

chrissie - 12 September 2014 07:05 AM

Has anyone else played it & if so how does it compare to the 1st as from what I’ve gleaned from reviews it seems to contain a lot more action?

More action, worse puzzles, too easy, not as funny, forgettable story, and Jack is now suddenly British.
Need I continue? On the plus side, it looks nice Smile

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Zifnab - 12 September 2014 08:36 AM

Has anyone else played it & if so how does it compare to the 1st as from what I’ve gleaned from reviews it seems to contain a lot more action?

More action, worse puzzles, too easy, not as funny, forgettable story, and Jack is now suddenly British.

Thanks Zifnab, I will play it eventually but down to the bottom of the stack it goes!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 12 September 2014 08:36 AM

You forgot to mention that it has a terrible localization into English, and I’m not normally picky in this area, or perhaps the script was just as bad in the original German version?!?
There are a few good moments and scenes in the game, but they are far between and overall it is not a very good game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok’s spontaneous ship series!

And by ‘spontaneous’ you mean ‘forced’, right? Tongue
Some people may have twisted her arm a little. Or maybe put a horse’s head in her bed…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 12 September 2014 12:37 PM

Karlok’s spontaneous ship series!

And by ‘spontaneous’ you mean ‘forced’, right? Tongue

I don’t know what to say to that Tim! The way I see it is that Karlok chose to meet demand!

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

Recently played this game, and I rather enjoyed it, as long as you expect no masterpiece or amazing game. I don’t like action games, but had no problem at all with the mild “action scenes.” Quite some nice locations and scenes, more than enough game play, and I thought the various episodes with the shaman in Jack’s dream world added a very nice touch to the game/story.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

robert foster - 12 September 2014 12:49 PM

Recently played this game, and I rather enjoyed it, as long as you expect no masterpiece or amazing game. I don’t like action games, but had no problem at all with the mild “action scenes.” Quite some nice locations and scenes, more than enough game play, and I thought the various episodes with the shaman in Jack’s dream world added a very nice touch to the game/story.

Thank you for that robert - your comments are encouraging!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Zifnab, why is my avatar presented in one of your posts? And, most importantly, why is it the only thing in that post? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Because you’re so cute, Diego!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Iznogood - 12 September 2014 12:14 PM

You forgot to mention that it has a terrible localization into English, and I’m not normally picky in this area, or perhaps the script was just as bad in the original German version?!?
There are a few good moments and scenes in the game, but they are far between and overall it is not a very good game.

For games like Jack Keane I think the main character is the single most important thing, especially the voice. I have not played the German versions but in JK1 the voice actor basically saved the game. Every other aspect of the game was average but he was charismatic and funny and that made it enjoyable.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 12 September 2014 01:18 PM

Zifnab, why is my avatar presented in one of your posts? And, most importantly, why is it the only thing in that post? Tongue

Oh, you know, haha, well I knew you’d show up eventually and well, because I’m such a nice guy I wanted to show my appreciation for all you’ve done for this community and its good and humble members… oh bugger it, I made a double post and because this #*@(!&% forum still doesn’t let us delete posts I put your cute little face there hoping no one will notice.

I’m sorry! Please forgive me!  Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 12 September 2014 12:37 PM

Some people may have twisted her arm a little. Or maybe put a horse’s head in her bed…

I could have sworn that the first time I read this it said his arm and his bed.  Tongue

chrissie - 12 September 2014 12:45 PM

I don’t know what to say to that Tim! The way I see it is that Karlok chose to meet demand!

Thank you, Chrissie. And I’m delighted that you chose to post another Way Hay pic.  Cool  I’m afraid I have nothing to say about the Jack Keane games though. They’re still on my big to-be-played-one-day pile.

Diego, here’s Drunken Sailor again, by the band Rapalje (=Scum, what’s in a name). I really like their performance!

PS: Odd, Rapalje sings Hurray instead of Way Hay.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 13 September 2014 04:44 AM

I could have sworn that the first time I read this it said his arm and his bed.  Tongue

It did.
I quickly corrected it once I realized my mistake.

chrissie - 12 September 2014 12:45 PM

I’m afraid I have nothing to say about the Jack Keane games though. They’re still on my big to-be-played-one-day pile.

The first one is pretty fun in an Indiana Jones meets Monkey Island kinda way. Nothing mindblowing, though.
Haven’t played the second one (the poor reviews made me cautious).

Karlok - 13 September 2014 04:44 AM

Diego, here’s Drunken Sailor again, by the band Rapalje (=Scum, what’s in a name). I really like their performance!

*adds band name to list of groups to check out*

Didn’t know these guys. Sounds like something I’d enjoy. Thanks!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 12 September 2014 09:24 PM
diego - 12 September 2014 01:18 PM

I’m such a nice guy I wanted to show my appreciation for all you’ve done for this community and its good and humble members…

.. and the truth have been spoken, here Laughing ‘seriously’

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top