• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Please help me… this means the world to me.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-09-12

PM

At first this post may seem a bit off topic, but please bear with me - I assure you, it is not.

Like so many others I was raised by a man who wasn’t my biological father. He was an extraordinary person, who taugh me a great deal. When I was very little, we used to have a somewhat strange ‘father-son’ relationship - we would play video games (mostly PC games) whenever we had the time and were at home, and would discuss them when we weren’t. That was the only thing we seemed to care about. He used to stimulate my imagination by making me write fan fiction and we had this game… one of us would talk about a game (mainly about it’s plot and mechanics) and the other one had to decide whether the game was acctually an existing game, or just a design the other person had come up with.
Sadly, he passed away a few years ago… and the way I remember him is by revisiting the games we used to play together. I am even thinking of getting a tattoo with elements from these games. But I have a problem…

You see, his favourite genre was “first person adventure games” - games similliar to Shivers 2, for example. And I can barely remember the first game we played together, so I’m hoping someone might be able to help me.

Here’s what I remember… I realise it’s not much.

* It was a first person adventure, similiar to Shivers, etc.
* It is an old game, somewhere between 89 - 97.
* The only thing I remeber from the actual game is that there were some underground train stations (METRO stations) and on one of them (maybe more) had a skeleton sitting (well, he couldn’t move, could he?) on a bench. Each of these was… themed in some way. F.e.
the last of the stations was red and there was some lava flowing in-between the train tracks. One of the previous stations was blue-ish and was associated with ice. 
* This game used to be full of puzzles and required a certain amount of thought.

Well, that’s it guys… thank you in advance.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Zork Grand Inquisitor hasa subway system that goes to Hades and a skelton sitting on a bench.

http://lparchive.org/Zork-Grand-Inquisitor/Update 8/

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2014-09-12

PM

@Lucien21 Can you please give me another link, this one doesn’t work

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

try again

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2014-09-12

PM

THIS IS THE GAME! I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SOOOO FREAKING MUCH. I am seriously crying right now, thank you, thank you, thank you. You probably have some idea what this means to me, but… seriously, thank you.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Not a problem. Glad to help.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top