• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 10 September 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

By special request, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time (1997). I guess I was too late to catch people rearranging the deskchairs…  Tongue

Walking around a replica of the Titanic and trying to change history is fascinating. It’s not really suited for a community playthrough, or I’d nominate it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Can you change history? And why isn’t it suited for a CP? I’d play it (it’s in the top 100 after all).

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can you change history? Oh yes! Many different endings depending on what you do.
I think it may be too non-linear for a CP, but I’ll nominate it anyway. Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

That’s interesting Karlok, I had avoided this game because I thought it was a retread of the story (and the boring movie), but stopping it sinking sounds like fun! Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry Oscar, you can’t stop the ship from sinking. Frown But you can change some aspects of history.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeeehaaaw….

Where is Leonardo DiCaprio? I feel CHEATED!

Are you doing the “ship” series until the end of the week? Are you doing Eye of the Kraken tomorrow?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 10 September 2014 05:55 AM

Yeeehaaaw….

Where is Leonardo DiCaprio? I feel CHEATED!

In 1997 he was busy making the movie Titanic. If only he’d known he could have played in an adventure game! I’m sure he feels cheated as well.

Are you doing the “ship” series until the end of the week? Are you doing Eye of the Kraken tomorrow?!

I’m not doing a ship series. Just one adventure on a ship. No, not Eye of the Kraken. Not Love for Sail either, they’ve both been used, like Titanic.  Tongue

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

A game based on the biggest and best movie ever? No thanks! Obviously a cash-in. Couldn’t they come up with something original? Leo DiCaprio should sue them for $1 billion dollars!!!1

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I know (I think) you’re joking, but there was a similar situation with Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) game from Sea Dog - it was released few days before the movie, and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. I thought it was a good game, very well done, and if it cashed-in on suckers who bought it only to see game versions of Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley - it was well deserved! Tongue

Karlok - 10 September 2014 06:43 AM

I’m not doing a ship series. Just one adventure on a ship. No, not Eye of the Kraken. Not Love for Sail either, they’ve both been used, like Titanic.  Tongue

WE WANT THE SHIP SERIES! WE WANT THE SHIP SERIES! Come on, so many beautiful games taking place on board a ship - Nancy Drew 20: Ransom of the Seven Ships, Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island…

BTW, I told you I know what game it is. Zobraks will be excited.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 10 September 2014 08:48 AM

WE WANT THE SHIP SERIES! WE WANT THE SHIP SERIES! Come on, so many beautiful games taking place on board a ship - Nancy Drew 20: Ransom of the Seven Ships, Nancy Drew: Danger on Deception Island…

WE? Who’s WE? And I do not do Nancy Drew. Tongue

BTW, I told you I know what game it is. Zobraks will be excited.

So tell me the name. Preferably in PM, we don’t want to ruin it for Zobraks.  Innocent

BTW, your inbox is full.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Zobraks will be excited.

I’m excited most of the time.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 10 September 2014 10:51 AM

Zobraks will be excited.

I’m excited most of the time.

no, you are sleeping most of it

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, he’s dreaming of ships in the arms of Morpheus on the Herculania…  Sarcastic

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This game was originally released before the movie, and then disappeared from shelves in American stores for a while. I remember searching for it (I think at Electronics Boutique) in vain, and finding a kindred spirit also looking for it—in this case, a child whose accompanying father couldn’t believe that adults (like me) might be interested in a video game.

A lot has changed since 1996.

When the movie was a tremendous hit, the game then reappeared on store shelves and, from what I could tell, sold quite well.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 10 September 2014 09:19 AM

WE? Who’s WE?

Me, Advie and zobraks - the three musketeers, of course.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 10 September 2014 06:43 AM

I’m not doing a ship series.

Not even if we ask politely and provide a fitting song??? Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top