• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Marketing

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Here is a lossless scan of the packaging of my personal copy of The Serpent’s Star.

The full size images are very large. The cover is about 5MB and the back is about 2.8MB.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Here is a two page centerfold poster for Rise of the Dragon

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

D - 07 September 2014 03:18 PM

A two page print ad for The Dallas Quest

I’m still amazed to this day how popular this show was and what a big deal “Who Shot J.R.? was…

Captivating graphical realism indeed: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dallas-quest/screenshots

I guess Dallas Quest might be the only commercial game ever based on a soap/drama. I had no idea that one existed.

But anyhow, I do recall there was a game of L.A. Law as well at some point, but that was done closer to 90’s I think. And while I was on Mobygames, here’s a link to it as well: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/la-law-the-computer-game

Seems to be an adventure to boot.

Oh, and does anyone know if Dynamix had any concrete plans to do more Blade Hunter titles, as that Rise of The Dragon add seems to sell it as “Blade Hunter Msytery” like it would be the start point for a new series.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

And the last for today is an old print ad for Time Zone

Check out that price. That’s about $245 in today’s dollars, and it wasn’t even a good game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

tomimt - 07 September 2014 03:32 PM

Captivating graphical realism indeed: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dallas-quest/screenshots

I guess Dallas Quest might be the only commercial game ever based on a soap/drama. I had no idea that one existed.

What about this one?

Greys Anatomy - the masterpiece

And Time Zone seems a bit expensive, but the phrase “Over a year in development, bet It’ll take you longer to finish it!!” reassures that it’s good value Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ah, Gray’s Anatomy… now there’s a best seller if there ever was one.

About Time Zone, I do recall reading that it actually has a lot of locations, most of them just to throw the player off. I seem to remember it has over 1000 screens you can visit, but to actually solve the game you need to visti only a fraction of them. It also took 6 double sided floppies back then, hence the hefty price tag.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

How are most adventure games marketed now? With online ads? Online trailers? Are there any print ads anymore?

I remember Sierra used to have some of the most elaborate, fold-out print ads in magazines like Computer Gaming world.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

D - 07 September 2014 03:20 PM

Here’s an interesting one page print ad for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

The marketing department obviously didn’t even bother to look at the game before making that ad… Tongue

D - 07 September 2014 03:28 PM

Here is a two page centerfold poster for Rise of the Dragon

Way to market your adventure game as something from another genre… Gasp

OrionO - 08 September 2014 02:47 AM

How are most adventure games marketed now? With online ads? Online trailers? Are there any print ads anymore?

I’d like to know this as well.
Some high-profile DS games (Professor Layton, mainly) get TV commercials, but other than that, I have no idea. Since I get most of my information on adventure games here, I only know of banner ads for GOG (as actual ads - apart from news items and (p)reviews) and the likes…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 08 September 2014 04:14 PM
OrionO - 08 September 2014 02:47 AM

I’d like to know this as well.
Some high-profile DS games (Professor Layton, mainly) get TV commercials, but other than that, I have no idea. Since I get most of my information on adventure games here, I only know of banner ads for GOG (as actual ads - apart from news items and (p)reviews) and the likes…

Since print is mostly dead or are advertisement magazines for big publishers probably adventure ads come in banners and reviews, impressions in gaming sites and trailers, let’s play videos on youtube along with word passed around in forums.
E-shop highlights (with launch or sales) in Steam, PSN, Xbox live also probably play a big part.
Some Sony big games like Beyond or Heavy Rains also get commercials.

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

D - 07 September 2014 03:20 PM

Here’s an interesting one page print ad for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon

The marketing department obviously didn’t even bother to look at the game before making that ad… Tongue

You should like this 2nd ad for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon as well then:

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Speaking of which, I actually have a print ad for Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

And here’s one more, this time an ad for C.I.T.Y. 2000

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I loved old Game ads I’d read in stuff like Compute! when I was a kid; they stuck with me, so I created some old style homage ads for QFI.  I’ve shared these on Twitter and Facebook.

FULL SIZE HERE

Bt

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top