• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 06 September 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Today is the 37th birthday of Jan Müller-Michaelis aka Poki, game designer and co-founder of Daedalic Entertainment. I’m one of his fans, I love his humor and the unique, quirky protagonists with their dark side. Here’s a pic from Harvey’s New Eyes (2011/2012), the spin-off from The Breakout. Heroine Lilli is an innocent, obedient little girl who always tries to please and be helpful, but leaves a trail of dead bodies wherever she goes. I chose this screenshot because of the cool fantasy creatures that make sure poor Lilli doesn’t have to face the terrible results of her actions.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Which one is better (in your opinion), Edna & Harvey: The Breakout or Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Breakout without a doubt! Edna rules. Heart Eyes And Harvey plays a totally different part in Harvey’s New Eyes. But I had lots of fun with it.

EDIT: It’s not a sequel.

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I still have to play those New Eyes...
*sigh*
I wish life was longer.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve yet to play either of the Edna & Harvey games but took full advantage of the GoG sales & bought both!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I loved Breakout, it’s one of the rare recent games I’ve given 5 stars (originally 4½ but I caved in). I’m a bit scared to touch the sequel though because everyone says it isn’t as good. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, and I’m usually not one of the people that requires everything to be perfect, but a continuation to 5 stars is always a bit scary thing to start.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Try not to think of the game as a sequel and you’ll be less disappointed. Edna does make an appearance in the beginning but she is only one of the many NPCs. Dr. Marcel is there too, and at some point you’ll come across a few other characters from The Breakout. But the game has a narrator, Lilli is the protagonist, and the Harvey we loved so much in the first game is unrecognizable.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 06 September 2014 05:45 AM

The Breakout without a doubt! Edna rules. Heart Eyes

EDIT: It’s not a sequel.

..and what is strange (as always) that the game was awarded a score of 75/100 on Metacritic, which is better than its predecessor which only received 57/100. I guess those who has nothing to do with adventure gaming should stop giving those false reviews.

but it could be a sequel is some way as we see Lilli taking Edna’s path backwards, I mean she breaks-in-at the sanatorium rather than edna’s breakout, also visits lots of places that Edna dealt with through her break out.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 07 September 2014 09:18 AM

..and what is strange (as always) that the game was awarded a score of 75/100 on Metacritic, which is better than its predecessor which only received 57/100. I guess those who has nothing to do with adventure gaming should stop giving those false reviews.

Or better: people should stop looking at Metacritic as it’s a completely useless score system that’s been given WAY too much importance.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I really need to finish the Breakout. I think I was stuck on a puzzle when I quit last (and I’ve been playing GK1 afterwards. Which I also should finish now that new GK1 has a release date!)

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top