• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Resonance - Crash on Startup

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

Hi I’m not sure if I’m the only one experiencing this issue as I’ve not found reference to it even with the powers of google.

I downloaded the game via GOG installed and ran the game in windowed at 640x480 whilst I had a second monitor plugged in. Since then (both with and without second monitor) I have been unable to launch the game. After the setup prompt whenever ‘run and save’ is selected as an option I get this error code.

—————————————-
Illegal exception
—————————————-
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00539AAB ; program pointer is -188, ACI version 3.21.1115, gtags (0,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
—————————————-
OK  
—————————————-

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, on a 3.00 GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM, and an NVidia 9500GT with 512MB dedicated memory.

Drivers/updates for all of the above and my motherboard are up to date, if there’s anything else you need me to post just ask.

It’s also worth noting I have tried reinstalling the game from the download and multiple restarts from the same installer which GOG’s integrity check says is fine.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I think you have a much better chance of getting a solution to your problem if you post on the official Resonance forums.

The AGS forums mentioned in the error message are there (AGS is the software used to make the game), but I really think you’ll get answers faster by asking the developer or publisher on the game’s forums.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Rightclick and run it as administrator if you haven’t already done.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Hi. Resonance publisher here. Have you made any changes in the winsetup.exe file? Could you send me a screenshot of what your winsetup.exe settings look like?

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-08-14

PM

I get a similar error, the only real difference is that the game only crashes if I don’t have my second monitor plugged in (which isn’t that big a deal, just a tad annoying, since I use a laptop and it would be fantastic to play on the go).

If my second monitor isn’t plugged in, and I try and play the game in fullscreen, the aspect changes into a pillarbox mode and it just freezes. I had similar issues with the Blackwell games.

I’ve essentially tried every combination of settings within winsetup.exe and the crashing is consistent. I’ve got the Steam version, if that makes any difference.

—————————————-
Illegal exception
—————————————-
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x07B02223 ; program pointer is +9908, ACI version 3.21.1115, gtags (36,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
—————————————-
OK  
—————————————-

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top