• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 05 September 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Apart from the isometric viewpoint in The Lost City of Malathedra  (2008), the 1st adventure by independent game developers Ethereal Darkness Interactive, unlike Monday’s scene doesn’t incorporate any other RPG elements although EDI’s previous game was RPG Morning’s Wrath.

Protagonist Rebecca Wolfe, along with treasure hunter Ivy Knowles, continues her father’s quest to find their legendary city & learn why the peaceful race of Malathedrans on discovering the secret of eternal life are no more!

The game is not voiced but has an impressive soundtrack, albeit limited, & although the story is fairly straight forward, along with the nicely drawn retro-style artwork, classic interface & fun puzzles it had enough interest to keep me hooked for an afternoon! 

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Cool, thanks.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I won a download of that game for taking part in a competition at Adventure Point, back in 2010.
I haven’t played it yet.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 05 September 2014 08:04 AM

I won a download of that game for taking part in a competition at Adventure Point, back in 2010.
I haven’t played it yet.

It really isn’t a very long game zobraks & would probably take a maximum of 6 hours to play. It’s not very difficult but starts off with you having to explore the relatively few locations & talk to everyone before you can suss out what you need to do 1st & then after that the game flows along with no more than a few taxing moments such as using a lamp to light an area and then switching it off again to locate an item you need which is not an obvious thing to do! I liked it & thought it concluded well & it played with no glitches & bugs for me. It’s not a game for everyone (as few games are) - the review here is not so good but the one at Adventure Classic Gaming is a lot more positive - whether you would enjoy it or not depends on what you like and/or expect from a game!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks for the info, Chrissie.
I’m afraid many much better games are standing in a line patiently waiting for me to come to my senses and play them.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This actually seems like it’s really fun and interesting enough to play, even with the mediocre reviews. I’d grab it if I found it cheap somewhere, but not going to pay 20 dollars.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

millenia - 05 September 2014 02:20 PM

This actually seems like it’s really fun and interesting enough to play, even with the mediocre reviews. I’d grab it if I found it cheap somewhere, but not going to pay 20 dollars.

The game is actually $9.95 directly from the developers website (Ethereal Darkness Interactive). I think in the current climate when you can buy higher profile games for less it’s not really a competitive price but there is also a demo available on the website.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top