• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

List of recent site changes/updates

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Hey all. I’d just like to give you a quick update on some of the changes and improvements we’ve implemented lately (many of them based on your feedback). Some of these you may have noticed already, others went live just today.

Games A-Z
- Added release year search filters
- Added ordering of results by release year
- Improved appearance of games in list
- Added pagination to the top of game list
- Note: our current data model does not easily allow for a “sort by score” option on this page. The best way to find top scoring games is to visit the Top Reviewed page

Comments & User Ratings
- Added latest comments to homepage
- Added pages for latest comments and latest user review. You can find them under Community in the Forums drop down menu. (They are not really forum related, but they are user contributions so they fit reasonably well under this menu.)
- User reviews have moved from the area between article and comments to the article sidebar.
- User ratings (without a review) now no longer require moderation
- When submitting user ratings (without a review) you will now be returned automatically to the page you were viewing.
- If you’ve submitted a user rating for a game, it’s now displayed below the average in the article sidebar.
- You can now view a single user review on its own page.

Improved Search
- We’ve upgraded our search module. Searches for games like Myst, King’s Quest, L.A. Noire and J.U.L.I.A. (which were previously problematic) now work properly.
- Search results are now ordered by relevancy. This means for instance that searching for Gabriel Knight will now show the Gabriel Knight games first, and not Gray Matter or Moebius (which it recognizes as being by the same designer).
- Known issue: search might not work properly when logged out. This is an issue with our new caching system and will be fixed soon

Site Speed
- Most pages should now be delivered significantly faster than they were initially when we launched the new site. (In some cases page execution time is now just 10% of what it was at first.)

Misc.
- Clicking on the author name of an AdventureGamers.com writer will now take you to an overview of articles written by this staff member
- Opening articles in a new tab did not work in some cases – this is now fixed.
- Changed the appearance of spoiler tags

To-do list
- We are aware the “Auto-login on future visits?” feature currently does not always work. This is a bug in the underlying software, which a future patch should hopefully address.
- We haven’t forgotten about the forums. Combating malware attacks took priority for a while, and we’ve had a few other behind-the-scenes improvements to make, so forum improvements have been delayed. We’ll update you on this in the future.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Thanks for all the updates, Marek! Super psyched especially the searching now works better :-)

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

That’s a neat list Marek, thank you! Keep up the good work!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll bet it feels good to shorten that to-do list a bit, Marek.  Thank you for the updates.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for these updates! Good job at improving the site further!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Marek, you had been very busy indeed, making all those requests true, i hope you passed the ALL relaunch’s troubles by now, i know it was a very hard decision with a very hard consequences as well .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top