• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 29 August 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Diamonds in the Rough (2008) is the name of an organisation that recruits people with special abilities in this game by independent Greek developers Atropos Studios. In the powerful prologue you see 20 year old Jason Hart as he describes the effects of the fatal poison he has just administered to himself so I was immediately hooked on playing the retrospective story to discover why. I really liked this game, I thought it had a great plot, the music & voice-acting were good, and environments were pleasing. One of the more unusual & interesting aspects of the game was the inclusion of a ‘thought’ inventory where Jason could combine ideas.
The ending of the game, which had a slight twist, was very unexpected & shocking but also very thought provoking.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You made me want to play this game.

It’s a compliment.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 29 August 2014 09:00 AM

You made me want to play this game.

It’s a compliment.

Thank you!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I remember how the developer posted on a forum (not AG) that he refused to provide a walkthrough or any kind or help to people who got stuck. He firmly believed that everybody should finish adventures on their own.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Great, yet another title to add to my list… Cool

Karlok - 29 August 2014 03:41 PM

He firmly believed that everybody should finish adventures on their own.

...or not finish them at all, then. That’s sad… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

And Alkis is one of the nicest people in the Adventure Game genre. Hope all is well with him and his family.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 29 August 2014 04:28 PM

He firmly believed that everybody should finish adventures on their own.

...or not finish them at all, then. That’s sad… Frown

The developer wanted to control the player’s experience, which can only be done through the game itself. But don’t worry, there are walkthroughs. I recommend the Gameboomers one.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I remember how the developer posted on a forum (not AG) that he refused to provide a walkthrough or any kind or help to people who got stuck. He firmly believed that everybody should finish adventures on their own.

Now that is truly wonderful. I am now going to make an effort to seek out this game, because of that piece of information.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Good for you, Zifnab.

By the way, how’s your search for Blond, Dumb, Lovable females in adventures coming along?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Karlok - 30 August 2014 05:52 AM

Good for you, Zifnab.

By the way, how’s your search for Blond, Dumb, Lovable females in adventures coming along?

How about this lovely specimen?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Whatever Alkis posted on the forum he was good enough to send me a walkthrough for his game Other Worlds when I asked him after I got very stuck! 

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Heh, that’s funny. I assure you I’m not making it up, he was always dead against walkthroughs. But Other Worlds was his first game, maybe he became more radical with his secons one.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This seems like an interesting game, and I had never heard a thing about it before. Definitely on my list now. Will try to keep an eye out for sales, since currently I’m trying to shorten my list of unplayed games and save money by not buying pretty much anything new.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 31 August 2014 08:39 AM

Heh, that’s funny. I assure you I’m not making it up, he was always dead against walkthroughs. But Other Worlds was his first game, maybe he became more radical with his secons one.

I know you’re not making it up Karlok (& why would you) as I’ve seen similar posts from Alkis including the one about Other Worlds where apart from stating his view he said he would send a walkthrough privately on request! Interestingly the 1st walkthrough for DitR, as far as I know, was produced by Len Green who was the English Consultant for the game & also a Beta Tester. (His walkthrough can be found at Gamesover BTW)   

millenia - 31 August 2014 11:24 AM

This seems like an interesting game, and I had never heard a thing about it before. Definitely on my list now. Will try to keep an eye out for sales, since currently I’m trying to shorten my list of unplayed games and save money by not buying pretty much anything new.

I know it’s available as a download at a couple of good places for not too much but do hope you & anyone else that’s interested check out a few reviews 1st to make sure it’s your kind of game! - if so it’s well worth playing!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hey, I just noticed that Alkis reappeared at the non-AG forums on the same day as this AGSotD pic! Can’t be coincidence, can it, Chrissie?  Tongue

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t looked at those recently Karlok - I don’t know!!!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top