• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 25 August 2014

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I recently replayed CSI: Deadly Intent (2009), the 5th in the series of games based on the TV show, to find, apart from a few minor details, that I had no recollection of any of the 5 murder cases you have to solve. Not surprising really as although I found the stories okay the main focus is on collecting & analysing evidence. For me this bordered on the tedious after a while except for the last case which ties up the present day murder of a drag artist with unsolved crimes from 1975. The story is by far the best which also touches on controversial subjects such as the accusation of homophobia & racism within the police force at the time.

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’ve played a couple of these CSI games and I liked them (expectedly, since I like the show(s)) very much.

I’d never guess what game this picture was from.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 25 August 2014 04:45 AM

I had no recollection of any of the 5 murder cases you have to solve.

I’ve played two of the CSI games (although not this one), as well as one of the Law & Order games. They were all pretty good, and the cases themselves are worthy of the TV series, but I agree that they are really not memorable. Replaying them would probably feel like playing them for the first time. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ve got the original CSI but gave up after an hour as I was thoroughly bored. I’m rather surprised by this as I enjoy detective fiction (don’t watch detective fiction as I don’t have a TV) and really thought this type of game would be for me. Perhaps I was in the wrong mood at the time or is it the first one wasn’t very good?

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 25 August 2014 05:33 AM

I’ve played a couple of these CSI games and I liked them (expectedly, since I like the show(s)) very much.

I’d never guess what game this picture was from.

TimovieMan - 25 August 2014 06:52 AM

I’ve played two of the CSI games (although not this one), as well as one of the Law & Order games. They were all pretty good, and the cases themselves are worthy of the TV series, but I agree that they are really not memorable. Replaying them would probably feel like playing them for the first time. Tongue

I’ve never actually watched the TV show but I bought & played the 1st 6 games so I must have liked them more at the time especially as they weren’t cheap! Each case in Deadly Intent took at the most 2 hours to play through, if that long, so maybe an interest in the TV series is advantageous to appreciating the game more?

BTW zobraks, I think it’s great when I post a screenshot you don’t recognise but I’m sure you would have guessed it eventually! Laughing 

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 25 August 2014 08:20 AM

I’ve got the original CSI but gave up after an hour as I was thoroughly bored. I’m rather surprised by this as I enjoy detective fiction (don’t watch detective fiction as I don’t have a TV) and really thought this type of game would be for me. Perhaps I was in the wrong mood at the time or is it the first one wasn’t very good?

I can’t remember whether the 1st game was very good or not but certainly the following games have the same formulaic approach so if you didn’t like that one you probably wouldn’t like any of the others. But yes, I did find I had to be in the right mood to play the games & what was good about them was as they’re split into individual cases you can just play one here & there! Bastich did feature the 1st game in his AGSotD year - here’s the thread:

AGSotD

Deadly Intent was made by TTG so I may later on replay one of the earlier ones made by 369 Interactive to see for myself how they compare.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I found the CSI games surprisingly good. They are definitely not classics and you have to enjoy doing some of the bit more tedious work too - I personally find computer and chemistry puzzles etc. pretty interesting - but the cases are often pretty good.

I’ve played several but can’t really remember which ones, they indeed are kinda forgettable. Nice snacks in the game world. I think I recognise the lady from the pic though.

As for the TV series, I kinda liked it at some point but I feel that the characters are kinda self righteous and judgy, they seem to be shaking their heads and rolling their eyes more than doing actual work. Also I do lol at the hair and make up sometimes too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

millenia - 25 August 2014 09:29 AM

I found the CSI games surprisingly good. They are definitely not classics and you have to enjoy doing some of the bit more tedious work too - I personally find computer and chemistry puzzles etc. pretty interesting - but the cases are often pretty good.

In Deadly Intent although I thought the cases were interesting I felt the human interest factor fell into the background with the emphasis being on the evidence collection, analysis etc - yes, there was a nice variety of equipment which I enjoyed using but I felt that those aspects dominated & so seemed more repetitive than if the stories had taken more precedence in the game. But maybe playing for the 2nd time in a new light I was more critical & saw the potential for the game to be a whole lot better without doing any more than ‘upgrading’ the 1st four cases to the standard of the 5th which seemed to be balanced better & for me a lot more engaging! 

millenia - 25 August 2014 09:29 AM

As for the TV series, I kinda liked it at some point but I feel that the characters are kinda self righteous and judgy, they seem to be shaking their heads and rolling their eyes more than doing actual work. Also I do lol at the hair and make up sometimes too.

Not having watched the TV series I found most of ‘your’ colleagues in the game okay apart from in the last case where you are accompanied by Catherine Willows who had the most irritating condescending tone of voice & attitude! (sorry Advie!)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top