• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’d like to add Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies to my list.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 15, 2014

Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim, Crabapple, Becky, Oscar, UruBoo)
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (Tim, furgotten, UruBoo, Chrissie)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky, Tim, Chrissie)
9: The Dark Side (Crabapple, TimovieMan, Tim)
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster (TimovieMan, Tim)
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky, Crabapple)
Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival (Crabapple, TimovieMan)
House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret (Crabapple)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis (UruBoo)
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes (Becky)
9: The Dark Side of Notre Dame
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams
Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame

One more day, give or take a time zone or two.

We now have one game with five votes, two games with four votes, one game with three votes, three games with two votes and three games with one vote. Looks as if we might (not) have a tie-breaker in our future. Depends on whatever last-minute voting occurs tomorrow.

I’m guessing that once we have a winner (Sunday), we should look at starting the game NLT Saturday August 23. That should allow time for everyone to acquire the game, load same and make sure everything works properly.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There are several games in the list that don’t have Mac versions, but of all the cross-platform games there, I haven’t played Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can yet.  I have played Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood, but I enjoyed it enough that I wouldn’t mind playing it again.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 15, 2014

Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim, Crabapple, Becky, Oscar, UruBoo)
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (Tim, furgotten, UruBoo,
Chrissie, Lady Kestrel)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky, Tim, Chrissie,
Lady Kestrel)
9: The Dark Side (Crabapple, TimovieMan, Tim)
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster (TimovieMan, Tim)
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky, Crabapple)
Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival (Crabapple, TimovieMan)
House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret (Crabapple)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis (UruBoo)
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes (Becky)
9: The Dark Side of Notre Dame
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams
Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame

Last post for the evening. Lady Kestrel has posted and we are tied again. (Three-way)

Exciting!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! This is my normal check-in time, and there have been no additional votes so we are still tied. Three games have five votes each.

If we’re still tied when my wife nudges me awake tomorrow morning, here’s what we’ll do:
The three tied games will be the only games on the ballot. Each game will start with zero votes. Everybody that wishes to vote can vote again. Because some individuals only voted for one of the three tied games, and I don’t want to disenfranchise them, Everybody gets to vote for two of the three tied games. Inasmuch as we have three games and nine voters, I hope that the tie will be resolved quickly. Smile Because of time zones et al, you will have until midnight Monday, August 18, CDT US to cast your ballot.

The three tied games are:

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood
Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can

We’ll see if anything changes by tomorrow morning. Sweet Dreams my fellow inaugural casual game playthrough players.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Out of those three, I’d vote for Angelica Weaver.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 16 August 2014 07:42 PM

Out of those three, I’d vote for Angelica Weaver.

And you’re doing this at about 3:00 AM your time just to screw with me aren’t you?  Laughing

Tim

But that’s a great choice. There are a few parts of the game I don’t like, three particular puzzles, but the opening sequence is so incredible….you will say, regardless of genre, this is the best I’ve ever seen.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’d vote for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies out of those three, if we’re having a runoff.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, we’re having a runoff.

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood  
Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Crabapple)
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (TimovieMan)

Each received five votes during the main balloting, and now two have one vote each.
Inasmuch as we have three games and nine voters, I hope that the tie will be resolved quickly. Because of time zones et al, you will have until midnight Monday, August 18, CDT US to cast your ballot.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

And I vote Enigmatis. just to mess up…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

UruBoo - 17 August 2014 07:02 PM

And I vote Enigmatis. just to mess up…

Thanks, UruBoo! Smile I really didn’t want this to come down to me casting the tie-breaking vote. Although there is currently a three-way tie!

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (UruBoo)
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (TimovieMan, furgotten, Lady Kestrel)

So let’s everyone dive in and make a decision! I’m sure it doesn’t matter that much to Becky and myself. I volunteered to lead two of the finalists and Becky will lead the third. But there is a bit of prep work to be done, so Puleeeze vote!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Please put me down for Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for Angelica Weaver also.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current runoff totals as of August 18

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood  (UruBoo)
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (TimovieMan, furgotten, Lady Kestrel)

Those that haven’t voted, you still have six hours to fill out your ballot.

I’ll check new votes tomorrow, post final results and set a schedule and other details for the Casual Playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Looks like Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can is the winner.

The game is available from various sources, but I strongly suggest you download it from Big Fish games….particularly if you live outside the US. I also recommend you get the SE (standard edition) rather than the CE (collector’s edition) version. For starters, it’s less expensive. Plus, the playthrough will only cover the standard edition material. Also note that there is a free walkthrough available on the same page where you purchase the game. It’s probably worth grabbing a link to the walkthrough.

I will open a new thread on Friday, August 22 named Casual Playthrough - Angelica Weaver. We’ll start the playthrough on Monday, August 25. The 90-second tracking shot I’ve raved about is part of the introduction, so, once you start the game for the first time, you have no choice but to watch it. Let me know on the new thread when you have the game loaded.

I’ve divided the game into approximately seven sections. Each one will take about an hour to play. I’m allotting three days for each section, so the whole game will be over in about 21 days.

Let’s have some fun.

Side note: Even though this is a casual game, there are a few very difficult puzzles. There is one I’ve never completed, even with the benefit of a walkthrough. That’s what the Skip button is for.  Smile Don’t be discouraged if you have to use it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top