• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 13 August 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked playing Detective Grimoire (2014) and don’t really know why. The voiceacting is very good, the graphics are nice. The puzzles were repetitive. I remember who the culprit is, but I’ve already forgotten the rest of the story.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

God, there sure is a lot of these new (flash) adventures. I don’t know how should I feel about it. It causes joy and it causes sorrow at he same time. Almost like all those books I KNOW I’ll never read.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 13 August 2014 06:12 AM

I liked playing Detective Grimoire (2014) and don’t really know why. The voiceacting is very good, the graphics are nice. The puzzles were repetitive. I remember who the culprit is, but I’ve already forgotten the rest of the story.

As with a lot of the later games the graphics look very nice but also with a lot of the later games are they targeted towards children? because if not I’m a tad tired, as a fully ‘growed-up’ adult gamer, with the market being bombarded with games featuring childish twee characters - if the games are targeted towards children fair enough but a lot of them are not are they?

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I thought it was well made, with good backgrounds.
A bit easy, besides one part where I got stuck because of controls, but overall I had a positive experience of it.

Wasn’t as fond of the handling of the kickstarter, where we ended up waiting over 6 months for the release just because of apple issues, but in the end I ended up enjoying the finished product, so water under the bridge now.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, I don’t think it was targeted at children (Panthera might know more about it), but the characters do have a “childish” feel.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The game definitely isn’t aimed at children, though I don’t think there’s anything in it (other than the theme of murder) that would make it inappropriate for older children. The characters are cartoonish and they are over-the-top personalities. The one on the right in the screenshot is a famous show business personality who dresses the part. As for “twee” (a word I’ve never used! Just looked it up in the dictionary “affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint”) characters, maybe the aging hippie lady in the treehouse would qualify, as would the little redheaded girl. But I wouldn’t describe the other characters that way.

I agree that the puzzles become somewhat repetitive. But the writing is good. The villain took me by surprise. Chrissie, I suspect you might actually enjoy this game.  Cool

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 14 August 2014 08:40 AM

The game definitely isn’t aimed at children, though I don’t think there’s anything in it (other than the theme of murder) that would make it inappropriate for older children. The characters are cartoonish and they are over-the-top personalities. The one on the right in the screenshot is a famous show business personality who dresses the part. As for “twee” (a word I’ve never used! Just looked it up in the dictionary “affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint”) characters, maybe the aging hippie lady in the treehouse would qualify, as would the little redheaded girl. But I wouldn’t describe the other characters that way.

I agree that the puzzles become somewhat repetitive. But the writing is good. The villain took me by surprise. Chrissie, I suspect you might actually enjoy this game.  Cool

Thanks Becky for the additional info - it does sound like a game I would enjoy & I do like the bright colourful graphics. My comment was really a general one about games being made with childish imagery to appeal to adult gamers - they do put me off!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top