• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 10, 2014

Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (Tim, furgotten)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten. Becky)
Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim)
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky)
9: The Dark Side
9: The Dark Side of Notre Dame
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle
House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret
House of 1000 Doors - Serpent Flame
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster
Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes

I can see why Sefir hated this. Formatting this is just a bear! Naughty

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m voting for Age of Enigmas: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost and Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood. I’m trying to narrow the rest down to also vote for a couple more later on.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tim, in the “regular” CPTs, people usually vote for all the games that they would participate in (even if that means “all of them”), as the idea is to maximize the number of participants.

With casual games (and their shorter length, as well as by having all of them available immediately at Big Fish), I think we can assume that most regulars of this thread will join all the playthroughs no matter what, so in that case I reckon it’s indeed best if people just vote for the select few they want to play the most…

Also, I’m still not sure of how the format will work thread-wise. Do you intend to have one single “Casual Playthrough” thread to encompass ALL playthroughs (rather than a separate thread for each game)?
I also think that chrissie has a point in turning the voting process into a separate thread, but it’s your call.
When the need for some thread-splitting or semi-stickying arises, don’t hesitate to contact your friendly neighbourhood Spider- TimovieMan. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost
9: The Dark Side
House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret
Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll try and join all the games, but my main intrest for now goes out to E.P.I.C: Wishmaster, 9: The Dark Side and the Mystery Case Files game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 11, 2014

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky)
Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim, Crabapple))
Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky, Crabapple)
Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival (Crabapple, TimovieMan)
9: The Dark Side (Crabapple, TimovieMan)
House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret (Crabapple)
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster (TimovieMan)

Current totals have six games tied with two votes each, and two games have one vote.

It’s also about time for us to start thinking about who will lead the Playthrough. I offer to lead the two games I nominated. Becky has said she will lead the games she nominated. Anyone else willing to step up to the plate and lead one of their games?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 12, 2014

9: The Dark Side (Crabapple, TimovieMan, Tim)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky, Tim)
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster (TimovieMan, Tim)

Nothing has changed except I made my final votes for 9: The Dark Side, Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenswood and E.P.I.C.: Wishmaster.

We now have two games tied with three votes, four games with two votes and one game with one vote. Six games have no votes.

Get your votes in! I know that there are a few who have said they would play, but would leave the nominating/voting up to the “regular” casual players. That doesn’t have to be the case. There are several on the list that I’ve not played, but I trust they are not “clunkers” because I know the people who nominated them. I would jot down some titles and either search this thread for reviews of visit the BFG website, look at the game descriptions, and vote for whatever sounds like it might be interesting. Nobody dies if you vote your hunch! 

A quick note to avoid any confusion: If there is a tie at the end of the current voting process, only those games that are tied will be in the run-off.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 12 August 2014 06:38 PM

Get your votes in! I know that there are a few who have said they would play, but would leave the nominating/voting up to the “regular” casual players. That doesn’t have to be the case. There are several on the list that I’ve not played, but I trust they are not “clunkers” because I know the people who nominated them. I would jot down some titles and either search this thread for reviews of visit the BFG website, look at the game descriptions, and vote for whatever sounds like it might be interesting. Nobody dies if you vote your hunch!

^ This.

I voted based on reviews in this thread, appearances and well, hunches, despite a complete and utter lack of casual game knowledge.
Makes me totally unfit to lead a playthrough, though. Tongue

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 12 August 2014 07:14 PM
rtrooney - 12 August 2014 06:38 PM

^ This.

I voted based on reviews in this thread, appearances and well, hunches, despite a complete and utter lack of casual game knowledge.
Makes me totally unfit to lead a playthrough, though. Tongue

Point taken! I’ll vote for:
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenhood
Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I’ll vote for Eternal Journey - New Atlantis and Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 13, 2014

Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (Tim, furgotten, UruBoo, Chrissie)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky, Tim, Chrissie)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis (UruBoo)

We now have two games with four votes, one game with three votes, four games with two votes and two games with one vote. Three more days to get your votes in. Remember that while you can’t vote for the same game twice, you can vote more than once. So if you think there’s a game you didn’t vote for the first time that sounds interesting, fear not, you can add it anytime before midnight Saturday. (Actually that’s midnight Saturday CDT in the US, so you might have until 8:00 Sunday morning, and I won’t know the difference. Smile And, truthfully, the probability on me staying up until midnight to tabulate the final vote is pretty slim, so you have a little extra time on top of that!)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2014 06:31 PM

(Actually that’s midnight Saturday CDT in the US, so you might have until 8:00 Sunday morning, and I won’t know the difference. Smile And, truthfully, the probability on me staying up until midnight to tabulate the final vote is pretty slim, so you have a little extra time on top of that!)

Don’t you just love time zone differences? Tongue
It’s like an AG puzzle in itself… Grin

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

For my final votes, I’m voting for a couple of games I haven’t played yet (I’ve just tried out the demos).

Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies looks the most interesting to me, so put me down. I don’t have much time for adventure CPTs but casuals should only take a few hours at most.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

The Current Vote total as of August 14, 2014

Angelica Weaver - Catch Me When You Can (Tim, furgotten, UruBoo, Chrissie)
Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (furgotten, Becky, Tim, Chrissie)
Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim, Crabapple, Becky, Oscar)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis (UruBoo)
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes (Becky)

Two more days, give or take a time zone or two.

We now have three games with four votes, one game with three votes, three games with two votes and three games with one vote. Looks as if we might have a tie-breaker in our future. There’s still a player or two that we haven’t heard from. Iz, Karlok?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top