• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 04 August 2014

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel (2003), 8th in the series, finds Nancy investigating a stolen carousel horse & mysterious happenings at Captain Cove’s Amusement Park.

I don’t remember too much about it now except for the inclusion of a book about the history of carousel horses which I found interesting at the time & the dastardly arcade mini-game Barnacle Blaster which a friend played for me!

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 05:39 AM

the inclusion of a book about the history of carousel horses which I found interesting at the time

Nancy Drew games are very educational: you learn something from them even if you don’t want to.
Thumbs Up

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

How’s the carousel haunted? Does it spin in a hellishly fast way? Gasp

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 04 August 2014 03:46 PM

How’s the carousel haunted? Does it spin in a hellishly fast way? Gasp

The screenshot shows, in 1st person perspective, ND riding on the carousel working normally. How is the carousel haunted? - well, apart from a few exceptions all ND games are essentially ‘Who-Dunnits’ & this one is not an exception!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 04:07 PM

How is the carousel haunted? - well, apart from a few exceptions all ND games are essentially ‘Who-Dunnits’ & this one is not an exception!

I’m now envisioning the culprit ending with “and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for that meddling kid”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Aw, no death scene? I was looking forward to seeing Nancy Drew get decapitated or impaled on giant spikes. Or something.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 04 August 2014 06:15 PM

I’m now envisioning the culprit ending with “and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for that meddling kid”. Tongue

I don’t recall Nancy ever being referred to as a kid in any of the games I’ve played but yes, she is often accused of meddling!

Zifnab - 04 August 2014 08:59 PM

Aw, no death scene? I was looking forward to seeing Nancy Drew get decapitated or impaled on giant spikes. Or something.

She does get strangled if you don’t do the right thing, but you don’t see it! 

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was just listening to this Cranberries song and thought it would go great with this game. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top