• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 06 August 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

A screenshot from Verschollen auf Lost Island aka Missing on Lost Island. (2002).

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nice.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Finish the sentence (if you dare).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nice kitty.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m glad you didn’t use the synonym.
Here I go again…

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

zobraks - 06 August 2014 06:21 AM

I’m glad you didn’t use the synonym.

And just what is wrong with the word moggy?  Innocent

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nothing. You see, when I said “synonym” I was thinking of… *aaargh!!!*

It’s not that I would have said something like “Jehovah” (Oh, no…), mind you.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was this game released in english? Subtitles indicate so but why is the title “Verschollen auf”?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The game is mediocre and weird. I never understood the connection between the intro and the rest of the game. Pirates with laser guns zipzapping the protagonist back in time? Why, what, where? I finished the game but nothing was ever explained.

The cat scene is weird too. Kitty disappears and then the hero says Fink. What is that all about?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 06 August 2014 06:42 AM

Was this game released in english? Subtitles indicate so but why is the title “Verschollen auf”?

Yes, it’s in English, voices too. Originally it’s a German game and was called Lost Island, I think. The title was changed when it was released in English. I don’t know anything else.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I think he says: “Pink”.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 06 August 2014 07:09 AM

I think he says: “Pink”.

And we’re back to flowers. Well done, diego! Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pardon for interrupting the banter, but what interface does this game use? I don’t see a cursor in that screenshot, and a choice in that bottom bar between “inventory” and “options” seems rather limited…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You don’t see a cursor because it’s a cut scene, with the hero talking and the cat jumping. The cursors are skeleton feet, hands, skull. Why skeleton? No idea.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top