• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 01 August 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

GAME OVER - Death Week Special

In this scene from Chronicles of the Sword (1996) protagonist Gawain has just had his head severed after a sword fight with the skeleton, the guardian of a place called Guinevere’s Well. (The fight is automatically won for you if you play on EASY rather than REGULAR difficulty) On losing you have to go back to your last save if you wish to continue…..but only after Wilf (as far as I can remember a young stable-lad? ) many years in the future, as an old man, reminisces at length on the alternative fate of Camelot.

“Blimey, when I thinks back to those days…Gawain was the King’s last hope. When Gawain died, there was no hope left for Camelot. Morgana had a free hand, you might say. Such a plague and pestilence visited the land, you couldn’t imagine…. “ & so on…....

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And that’s officially the THIRD screenshot from Chronicles of the Sword that can be found online. Well done, chrissie!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is the skeleton you after losing the fight?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 03 August 2014 08:44 PM

Laughing The fight didn’t take THAT long Becky!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Wait, so Mr (or Mrs) Skeleton is your opponent?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

That must have been a dastardly skeleton. So are you the fellow with the vest thing and the balding patch?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Foot in mouth

*Quickly adds game to “zifnab’s list of AGs with ridiculously-hard-to-understand plots”, along with Tesla Effect and Barbie Horse Adventure*

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 03:16 AM
Becky - 03 August 2014 08:44 PM

Laughing The fight didn’t take THAT long Becky!

Sorry Becky! it’s just dawned on me that because of the angle & poor quality of the screenshot along with lack of explanation on my part it’s just not obvious what the scene’s depicting.

After losing a sword fight Gawain has just had his head severed by the skeleton (who is the guardian?) of a place called Guinivere’s Well.

Here’s a scene of the fight:

diego - 03 August 2014 06:17 PM

And that’s officially the THIRD screenshot from Chronicles of the Sword that can be found online. Well done, chrissie!

That’s the FOURTH & some may say that’s 4 too many!

Thanks diego but you can find other screenshots on-line if you look!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Aha! The skeleton looks much fiercer with the demonic glow in his eyes. The sword and shield help too.

I thought that line across Gawain’s neck in the first screenshot was part of a collar. Ouch! And now I understand the blood splattering.

The balding patch must be a trick of the light.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 08:44 AM

I know, but the game notoriously lacked screenshots whenever I looked for it Grin - there’re some on Mobygames, but at other places you’d be lucky to find just one. (if you can find the game in the site’s database to begin with Tongue)

Though, there’s a hefty Wiki article on it. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 04 August 2014 09:21 AM
chrissie - 04 August 2014 08:44 AM

I know, but the game notoriously lacked screenshots whenever I looked for it Grin - there’re some on Mobygames, but at other places you’d be lucky to find just one. (if you can find the game in the site’s database to begin with Tongue)

Though, there’s a hefty Wiki article on it. Tongue

I saw that too diego - I like to do a little research to try & avoid the most familiar screenshots for a game if possible - it’s not always. I’ve got quite a few for CotS so may at some point zip them up & send to Jackal if he wants them!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 04 August 2014 12:20 PM

I’ve got quite a few for CotS so may at some point zip them up & send to Jackal if he wants them!

Yes, he does. Wink

Or send them to me, or one of the database coordinators (Harald B and indigoo).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 04 August 2014 09:21 AM

.......but the game notoriously lacked screenshots whenever I looked for it Grin - there’re some on Mobygames, but at other places you’d be lucky to find just one. (if you can find the game in the site’s database to begin with Tongue)

Just for you diego, I’ve submitted quite a few screenshots for here - there’s such a vast variety of scenes I could have added 10 -15 more!

TimovieMan - 04 August 2014 05:14 PM
chrissie - 04 August 2014 12:20 PM

I’ve got quite a few for CotS so may at some point zip them up & send to Jackal if he wants them!

Yes, he does. Wink

Or send them to me, or one of the database coordinators (Harald B and indigoo).

I would have sent them to you Tim but couldn’t see any way of attaching a zipped file on your Email contact here so it just seemed easier to send them to Jackal.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 05 August 2014 05:58 AM

Just for you diego, I’ve submitted quite a few screenshots for here - there’s such a vast variety of scenes I could have added 10 -15 more!

Yeeehaaaaw!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top