• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 02 August 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

GAME OVER - Death Week Special

How fitting that you should be hanged in Sierra’s Gold Rush! if you fail to answer the copy protection question. Smile

Other nice copy protection punishments?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Is this the start of the game? Say what’s written in the manual, get saved from the noose, head out west in search for gold?

It definitely looks like one of their better copy protection questions. It’s always better if it’s in-game and somewhat relevant to the actual plot. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 02 August 2014 06:27 AM

Is this the start of the game? Say what’s written in the manual, get saved from the noose, head out west in search for gold?

Yeah, something like that. Usually not at the start of the game though. First Sierra wants you to get a taste of their goods.

It definitely looks like one of their better copy protection questions. It’s always better if it’s in-game and somewhat relevant to the actual plot. Tongue

Heh… it’s not a copy protection question! You already failed the question. You can type your last words and then you’re dead. I thought that was a nice touch.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ah, I misunderstood. Oh well, at least it’s a better punishment than just insta-death (like falling off the Cliffs of Copy Protection in KQVI).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Those dirty pirates… deserve to be hanged! No last words!  Angry

(It irks me to think of poor Roberta and Ken not getting their 3rd hot tub, a pair of Rolls Royces (one each, naturally) and maybe a summer house or two all because of theiving pirates!)

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 02 August 2014 05:40 AM

How fitting that you should be hanged in Sierra’s Gold Rush! if you fail to answer the copy protection question. Smile

Hang ‘em high, I say. Just like Judge Roy Bean would have said.

Karlok - 02 August 2014 05:40 AM

Other nice copy protection punishments?

Well, they used to sever hands (& ears?) for that in Saudi Arabia a while ago.
Bad country for pirates, I reckon.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You guys are keeping me busy… I had to look up Roy Bean. He led an eventful life, that’s for sure. Why people would go to the trouble of putting him on a horse with a noose round his neck and then just walk away without so much as slapping the horse to make it bolt, is something I’ll never understand. That is NOT the time-honored way to hang somebody!

EDIT: I just remembered a nicely subtle copy protection punishment. Don’t know the name of the game, it may not have been an adventure. Like in so many old games you had to sleep and eat/drink or you would die at some point. Pirates couldn’t get a room at an inn or buy food somewhere. They always got the messages no rest for the wicked and no food for the wicked. Takes quite a while to sink in that you’re being punished for piracy.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 02 August 2014 07:02 AM

Well, they used to sever hands (& ears?) for that in Saudi Arabia a while ago.
Bad country for pirates, I reckon.

No ears, this punishment doesn’t exist, but yeah, I lived in Saudi and I watched a head get severed, out openly at the streets of Mekka, at 12 PM on a Friday afternoon.Foot in mouth 

uh welcome back.. time to jump your other thread, Zobraks’s.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Advie - 02 August 2014 08:58 AM

uh welcome back..

Back? I never left.

I enjoy this AGSotD threads very much, as I already said (and almost proved) many times before.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 02 August 2014 05:41 PM

I enjoy this AGSotD threads very much

this, is a good quote to advertise Karlok and Chrissie AGSotD   Wink

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Freedoooooooooooommmmmmmmmm!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 03 August 2014 07:49 AM

Freedoooooooooooommmmmmmmmm!!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 03 August 2014 08:31 AM

Grin
I can easily see this scene winning the 1st place in the Caption Contest thread.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Who killed the caption contest?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Heheh… Blondie? Or Robin Hood?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top