• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 25 July 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

In Lifestream (2004), the 1st game by Christopher M. Brendel (who also made Shady Brook), John Holton following troubled dreams goes to his missing father’s ‘retreat’ to search for him 3 weeks after his disappearance.

Playing alternatively in the present as John & in the past as his father Father Randolph Holton, a Catholic priest, you learn of Father Randolph’s search for, &  obsession with, the mysterious Lifestream. It’s a tale of the spiritual & supernatural, with a darker side, which I found both intriguing & thought provoking.

Interestingly, for such a serious game, it apparently contains some very funny Easter Eggs. I never found any & now regret not buying the game’s Companion Guide at the time!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 25 July 2014 05:44 AM

I regret not buying the game’s Companion Guide at the time!

Apparently, there’s a lot to regret:

Also available through a separate purchase is the Official Companion Guide. This was the first time I had ever seen a companion guide offered by an independent developer that was so detailed. It contains character profiles, puzzle hint section, complete walkthrough, story notes and a full list of in-game easter eggs. I wouldn’t recommend using the guide the first time playing unless you’re stuck. The guide is best right before playing for a second time. You will gain deeper insight into the plot as well as learn the locations of all the easter eggs. The easter eggs are one of the coolest features of the game. However, without the guide, it would be impossible to know that clicking on an item 6 times will give you a special surprise. One such easter egg has Father Randolph surrounded by psychedelic lights performing a strange song/dance. It is extremely humorous to watch and you will definitely get a kick out of it.

source

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve only played one of Mr. Brendel’s games, The Filmmaker, which I enjoyed. Is he still making games?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 25 July 2014 06:40 AM

I’ve only played one of Mr. Brendel’s games, The Filmmaker, which I enjoyed. Is he still making games?

The website for Unimatrix Productions, his independent development studio, is still accessible but it was last updated late December 2011 & looks as if Unimatrix ceased to exist much after that. Also there’s no info or further updates on FB or Twitter.

After a search it does sadly now seem that all 3 of Mr Brendel’s games are quite difficult to get hold of! 

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just come across some later info: Christopher Brendel

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Some good news: Christopher Brendel is alive & well & still committed to developing adventure games! He’s made 3 interesting games so far that don’t work on newer systems - just wait!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top