• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 19 July 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s Fringe Day!

As a rule I don’t post pics from freeware games, but there should be exceptions or it wouldn’t be a rule. Smile The name Kinderman in the community playthrough reminded me of The Asylum: Psychiatry for Abused Cuddly Toys (2005?-2011). An online flash game. Six cuddly toys suffering from various disorders need your help and treatment. Lilo, the withdrawn hippo, was the first one. Over the years others were added: anxious Kroko with his security blanket (doing the Rorschach test in the screenshot), followed by Sly the hallucinating snake, Dolly the sheep/wolf, Dub the depressed turtle, and Dr. Woo, the pseudo psychiatrist.

Gameplay consists of selecting the right diagnostic tools and therapies: Medical examination, medication, therapeutic interview, music therapy, motivation training, etcetera. The patient’s condition may deteriorate if you choose the wrong treatment. Dream analysis plays an important part to discover the patient’s trauma or story.

The whole thing is extremely well done. The animated toys are very expressive, touching and funny. Their stories, the symbols in the dreams, their responses to treatment, everything makes perfect sense. It takes no more than 20-30 minutes to heal one of the toys and you can play them in any order. Highly recommended.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

From your description Karlok the game sounds both hilarious & touching.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I saw this one go by a while ago but forgot about it.  It’s time to check it out.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Judt finished it. Very touching stories. Kroko’s was my favourite, with Lilo’s and Dub’s following close. Dr. Wood’s was the most difficult. Loved the dream sequences and unravelling the tragic history behind each one of them. All animals had very funny reaction to treatment (with some exceptions where the reaction was sad) and in general it is a very nice freeware game!! I was thinking of buying a cuddly toy from their website, but their price is a little bit too high IMHO.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

One of my favourite games. It’s truly great.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oh, Gotta try this.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top