• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 18 July 2014

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Delaware St John Volume 2: The Town with No Name (2005) as the title suggests! is the 2nd game in a series of so far 3 ghost-hunting adventures.

In this 1st person inventory based game Delaware St John is a paranormal investigator with psychic abilities who interacts with then finds ways to put troubled ghosts to rest. From this point of view each part is a stand-alone story but a darker force pursuing Delaware connects them, (so it’s preferable to play them in order), & adds some elements of survival horror to give an uneasy edge to the atmosphere.

I’ve enjoyed all of the Delaware St John games so far as I’ve found the stories well-constructed, the voice acting good & I liked the use of VIC (Delaware’s Voice/Imagery Communicator) to send visual & audible info to colleagues for analysis.  Volume 2 though is my favourite as you learn more about Delaware’s past in 1 of the stories, I love the graphics & I found the locations & characters especially interesting in both parts.

I’m pleased that developer Brian Wiegele finally managed to raise enough Kickstarter funds to make another game. 

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 18 July 2014 05:36 AM

adds some elements of survival horror to give an uneasy edge to the atmosphere.

Actual danger? With reflexes required??

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 18 July 2014 06:35 AM
chrissie - 18 July 2014 05:36 AM

adds some elements of survival horror to give an uneasy edge to the atmosphere.

Actual danger? With reflexes required??

Yes! actual danger Tim but reflexes as such are not required! As far as I can remember there are only 2 occasions (within the 2 stories) where Delaware is immediately in danger - on the 1st occasion he automatically ‘hides’, I think, but it’s just enough to make further exploration scary! On the 2nd occasion Delaware can be killed but you are lead to safety by a helpful character - you just have to make sure you don’t lose sight of them & get lost!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I enjoyed the first story in this game, but the second story was the one that truly haunted me. Partly it was the dusty, eerie atmosphere in the abandoned rooms, but also the discovery of a betrayal of trust and the acknowledgement of sheer evil where you would least expect it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 18 July 2014 10:57 AM

I enjoyed the first story in this game, but the second story was the one that truly haunted me. Partly it was the dusty, eerie atmosphere in the abandoned rooms, but also the discovery of a betrayal of trust and the acknowledgement of sheer evil where you would least expect it.

Yes! & although the outcome of events & plot elements in the story are quite bizarre & extreme it does, I know, on a lesser scale, sadly reflect the abuse that still continues in a variety of ‘institutions’ today where vulnerable adults and/or children should feel safe & be able to trust the people caring for them!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top