• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkKeybordzNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 14 July 2014

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s no carrot-growing in Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge (2008),  the very short sequel to Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure, & few plot elements although the story starts promisingly enough & ties up well at the end. In-between, playing as either Fenimore or girlfriend Rhiannon there’s really only a handful of locations to explore, a series of mostly unchallenging inventory puzzles & a lot of cut scenes. I did like the game though, loved the graphics & enjoyed the 3 stealth/shootout sequences far more than I thought I would!

EDIT: Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure & Fenimore Fillmore’s Revenge are also known as The Westerner 1 & 2 respectively. They are the 2nd & 3rd games in the series the 1st being 3 Skulls of the Toltecs (Thanks SpeedBo for reminding me!)   

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I actually enjoyed it for the short time it lasted. It’s hardly a western epic, but it’s an OK episode of “Walker, Texas Ranger” Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this game is really ‘yucky’

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 14 July 2014 05:19 AM

Have you played it Advie? In what way do you find it ‘yucky’?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 14 July 2014 05:38 AM
Advie - 14 July 2014 05:19 AM

I played both of the series , I hardly found any adventuring elements at them, Esp this part, and what makes me angry at it,is that game had potential to fix all the things that ruined its previous such as the camera views ,and character movements which gave an overall feeling that the devs had no experience with adventure gaming and just pushed themselves into the genre for someunknown reason.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

If you remove the carrot-growing from the first game, it’s probably no longer than this one Tongue

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 14 July 2014 06:14 AM
chrissie - 14 July 2014 05:38 AM

I played both of the series , I hardly found any adventuring elements at them, Esp this part, and what makes me angry at it,is that game had potential to fix all the things that ruined its previous such as the camera views ,and character movements which gave an overall feeling that the devs had no experience with adventure gaming and just pushed themselves into the genre for someunknown reason.

I don’t feel the same way about the 1st game Advie - I didn’t mind the camera views & for me the character movements were quirky & humourous as you might find in a cartoon which gave the game some charm. From what I remember there was a variety of more locations & the puzzles more challenging, as for lack of adventuring elements it depends on what you mean? I know I spent a few tedious hours growing carrots in the game so Zifnab could possibly be right about the length of the game if that had been eliminated?

To me this 2nd game, which I agree had potential, felt as if it should have been more substantial & the playable parts thrown together using cut scenes rather than developing the game more - possibly because of budget and/or time contraints.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Fixed

chrissie - 14 July 2014 09:01 AM

I don’t feel the same way about the 2nd game…

To me this 3rd game…

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SpeedBo - 14 July 2014 02:52 PM

Fixed

chrissie - 14 July 2014 09:01 AM

I don’t feel the same way about the 2nd game…

To me this 3rd game…

Of course SpeedBo - the 1st game in the series was 3 skulls of the Toltecs which unfortunately turned up for exorbitant prices on Ebay when I looked a few years ago!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top