• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 13 July 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m not going to use many children’s games for my adventure game scenes of the day, but I am making an exception for Tivola’s The Little Prince (2000).  Kenneth Branagh reads the text and it goes without saying that he does it very well. There are a few other voices of course, like the little prince himself, the fox, the rose. The text is displayed most of the time with some nice animations based on the original drawings. Sometimes the animated sequences take over and the text disappears. There are extra mini games, like taming the fox, taking care of your rose, which I didn’t play.  I don’t know if English-speaking children like the game, but I did.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Love these minimalistic graphics. Seem very similar to the book’s drawings indeed. Is it still on sale somewhere?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, you can get it at amazon.co.uk or ebay. I should warn you though that Tivola’s games are not compatible with modern computers, so you’ll need extra emulator software.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 13 July 2014 05:48 AM

Yes, you can get it at amazon.co.uk or ebay. I should warn you though that Tivola’s games are not compatible with modern computers, so you’ll need extra emulator software.

Virtual PC will do the trick as always.
Thanks! Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have changed the release date from 1998 to 2000. I went by the date at sites like Pagoda and Adventure Legends, although my game box said 2000. I should have trusted my box.  Shifty Eyed Thanks to Sefir’s question, I went to amazon and found that the modern English translation by Richard Howards that Tivola used, was published in 2000.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It’s a great book , don’t know about the game.
If they kept it true to the book it’s spoiled for me.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 13 July 2014 07:42 AM

Nah, they changed the killer. Go play it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 July 2014 07:42 AM

It’s a great book , don’t know about the game.

It’s a modern English translation of the original text. You can buy the same translation as a book. So yes, it’s true to the original. The game consists of the complete text + a voiced version with animations and minigames for children.

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

It’s actually a French game released at the tail end of 1997.

The fact that Tivola acquired the rights and eventually released versions in other languages like German and English is interesting but those are localization dates and not the actual release date of the game.

Of course, if you just want the year to refer to the specific version you played, that’s your prerogative.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top