• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 04 July 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Here’s a screenshot of one of the few locations in The Shivah (Kosher Edition 2013) an enhanced version of the original released in 2006, the title referring to the Jewish period of mourning.

The game is very short & fairly simple but I was grabbed by the story from the beginning. Suspected of his murder the disillusioned Rabbi Stone sets out to investigate why a man he fell out with years before has left a large sum of money to him.

The game is superbly voice-acted & I enjoyed the brief trip into the world of Jewish culture & humour. Even more interesting was the moral dilemma faced by a religious leader questioning the dogma of his faith.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played one of the Blackwell games with ghost Joey and didn’t much care for it. But this Wadjet Eye game sounds interesting. I should give it a try.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I heard about The Shivah long time ago, but I didn’t know there was this enhanced (“kosher” - ha!) edition.
Thanks, Chrissie.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The game lasts about 1.5-2 hours and has only a couple of puzzles. I like how varied the gameplay is for such a short game, but overall it’s too basic, and writing is pretty weak compared to later Wadget Eye. It’s weird to me that it receives so much praise. Even RPS gave it a very favourable review. A Catholic priest in search of his faith would’ve been a much more controversial subject today.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 04 July 2014 05:42 AM

I played one of the Blackwell games with ghost Joey and didn’t much care for it. But this Wadjet Eye game sounds interesting. I should give it a try.

Did you only play the first one? They get better with each game, you could try another one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top