• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 02 July 2014

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

This is the only screen you get to see in horror adventure BlindSide (2012).  It’s all done by sound and headphones are essential. I decided to play it at night with the lights off and it was really scary. 

I have no sense of direction in real life and it’s not much better in game worlds. So of course I suck at groping around in the dark even more. The strange compass you can turn on and off and the spoken hints improved things a little, but I wasn’t fast enough. Got killed a lot and didn’t make it to the end of the game. One day perhaps…

I like the idea of an audiogame and I was scared out of my wits a couple of times. But the voiceacting… it’s not so much that it was bad, it felt all wrong. People who wake up blind, have no idea what’s happening except that there are fierce and growling animals out there, discuss the situation calmly in a normal voice? Oh come on! I wonder how the game would have been with more professional voices. And I also wonder how blind players like the game.

Goal: $7000
Received:  $14,191

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’m stunned.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Stunned by what exactly?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

He’s stunned at the fact that he got another screenshot no one will guess in the AGSG thread. Oh, wait, now everyone will guess it, as it’s the only screenshot from the game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

zobraks - 02 July 2014 05:07 AM

I’m stunned.

Karlok - 02 July 2014 05:29 AM

Stunned by what exactly?

My lawyer explained it all.
I’m stunned by everything about this game, but mostly by the fact this is the first time I hear about it.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

AG reviewed BlindSide and gave it 4 stars. The voiceacting was so unimmersive that I’d give it only 3 stars.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Bear in mind I don’t read AG reviews (or any other reviews, except those at Quandary Metzomagic).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top