• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 22 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hi Greybeard, what a nice surprise. I wasn’t expecting you to visit me today. Can I help you with something?
Gilbert. It’s Gilbert.
Hmm? What did you say, Gabriel?
My name is Gilbert!
I’m sorry, Gilbert. I’m a bit preoccupied with this flux flick minimizing concentrator right now. So, you said you needed some help with your compass?
Eh… no. I haven’t said anything actually.
You didn’t? How strange. I could have sworn you said you needed help with your compass. Are you sure your compass isn’t broken?
I don’t even have a compass!
Graham! How can I fix your compass if you don’t have one.
It’s not Graham.
Yes, of course. Well, Guybrush, you really should have a compass.
Sigh…
Yes, Albert?
It’s Gilbert, my name is Gilbert!
Of course it is.

Endless unfunny conversations about nothing that bored me to tears, that’s what stands out in my memory of Gilbert Goodmate and the Mushroom of Phungoria (2001).  The story and puzzles may have been okay, I hardly remember anything about them. I played it till the bitter end (something I would not do today) and was rewarded with amazingly good credits that showed at least one person in the team had a real sense of humor.  I’d love to watch those credits again, but they’re not on youtube, at least not in a language I understand.  Anybody still have a saved game near the end?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Even the cursor looks like a rip-off.
I always wondered about this game (XVIII century guy meets Vikings?!!? Gimme a break…).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played this years ago, and no longer even have the computer I played it on—so I can’t send you a saved game, unfortunately.

I remember long dialog trees that didn’t accomplish much. But the game was charming and ridiculously silly and I enjoyed the characters and the hand-drawn environments.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Becky - 22 June 2014 10:45 AM

I played this years ago, and no longer even have the computer I played it on—so I can’t send you a saved game, unfortunately.

I found a site with saved games for many adventures. Smile

I remember long dialog trees that didn’t accomplish much. But the game was charming and ridiculously silly and I enjoyed the characters and the hand-drawn environments.

I may have been too harsh, but it was a long time ago. And I like the graphics too.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top