• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 21 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Here is Timovieman’s chance to shine.
Bring light in the darkness! I’m sure you recognize the guy in the pic! Cool *

I took this screenshot in the section “Jurassic” of The Interactive Adventures of Blake and Mortimer: The Time Trap (1997). 

It’s a gamified comic book with skippable minigames, based on the Blake and Mortimer comics by Belgian artist Edgar P. Jacobs. The player activates grayed out parts of the screen and triggers animations simply by clicking on a person or object, or using one of five possible objects from the inventory on the right (currently empty). The minigames are more challenging. The story is so-so, but the graphics, atmosphere and wonderful animations kept me playing.

*I will fill in the blanks later, when TM has hopefully told us the name of the game.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Not only do I recognize the character but they mention his name a few times in that screenshot. Wink

That’s from “Blake et Mortimer - Le Piège Diabolique” aka “Blake and Mortimer - The Time Trap” (1997).

Why did they take the original comic graphics and change the dinosaurs to badly done 3D versions??? Gasp

It’s supposed to look like this...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 20 June 2014 09:21 PM

Not only do I recognize the character but they mention his name a few times in that screenshot. Wink

Wasn’t that nice of me? Smile
Truth is I couldn’t find a Jurassic page without his name. You would have recognized the screenshot anyway.

That’s from “Blake et Mortimer - Le Piège Diabolique” aka “Blake and Mortimer - The Time Trap” (1997).

Why did they take the original comic graphics and change the dinosaurs to badly done 3D versions??? Gasp

Agreed, the original beasts look better. Fortunately I played the game before I ever heard of the comics by Edgar P. Jacobs, so I didn’t bother me.

It’s supposed to look like this...

The colors in your pic are way too bright though. Here’s the same page.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Why, for the sake of heaven, is that fat, bad-breath dinosaur blocking the comic text?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Because I took the screenshot while there was an animation going on. And yes, I did that on purpose. The dinosaur is chasing Mortimer, as you can tell from the original comic pages.

There’s a short review of the game on youtube where you can also see animations.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, why I never heard of this comic? My magazines always came with Garfield or Hägar the Horrible. I’ve wasted my youth.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 21 June 2014 05:27 AM

You would have recognized the screenshot anyway.

Only because I know the Blake & Mortimer comics. Well, I knew there were a couple of games made that were based on the comics, but I didn’t know about this particular one…

diego - 21 June 2014 05:48 AM

BTW, why I never heard of this comic? My magazines always came with Garfield or Hägar the Horrible. I’ve wasted my youth.

Well, the comic culture in France and Belgium has a lot of history, but other than a select few comics (like Tintin, Asterix, Lucky Luke and the Smurfs) I don’t think they’re all that well-known outside of France and Belgium.
My personal favourites are The Bluecoats and Gaston.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 21 June 2014 05:48 AM

BTW, why I never heard of this comic?

Because you don’t read (at least not regularly) the best magazine for education & entertainment there is .
I remember Blake & Mortimer being published there back in 90’s (I did read it, of course).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 21 June 2014 07:56 AM
Karlok - 21 June 2014 05:27 AM

You would have recognized the screenshot anyway.

Only because I know the Blake & Mortimer comics. Well, I knew there were a couple of games made that were based on the comics, but I didn’t know about this particular one…

I didn’t think you’d played this old and obscure game, but I expected you to recognize the protagonist instantly. I said I would post a pic + description and you would reveal the name. Which you did. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top