• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 18 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Murder Makes Strange Deadfellows (1992) has the atmosphere of an Agatha Christie mystery in the twenties or thirties, cliché characters included. Relatives gathering in a ghost-infested mansion for the reading of the will, but dear dead uncle apparently made a new will, so where is it?

In the screenshot sleuth Nick is fighting with a ghost to protect his love interest. He already tore off the ghost’s arm. Smile I didn’t know you could that to a ghost!

Basically, it’s a radio play with pics, no animations. The voice acting is good. An advantage of radio plays is that conversations sound much more natural and people interrupt each other just like in real life. Usually in adventures the character who is supposed to be interrupted stops talking in midsentence, followed by one or two seconds of silence, and then the interrupting character starts talking. Weird. It’s infinitely better to record all the actors together, like in FMV cut scenes and in this radio play.

Gameplay consists of choosing which part of the mansion to visit by clicking on a map, and discovering clues by listening and participating in conversations. People and ghosts drift in and out of rooms and you have limited time to find the new will and the culprit, so you will have to replay the game more than once. Which I didn’t mind cause I enjoy playing detective.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

One of those games I’ve always wanted to try and never did.
Nice review. Me like it.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well well well, the Bastich route. Tongue
Never heard of this. Sounds interesting.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of those games I could always identify in “Adventure game scene… uh, game” thread because of a distinct graphics. You know, if someone had actually posted it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve come across the title of the game through browsing screenshots (for dastardly quiz pics!  Naughty ) & it’s one that sticks in my head as I really like the artwork. Your description of the game Karlok now makes me want to play it!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Why are the guys pants going “pop!” Do I want to know ?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 18 June 2014 06:38 AM

Well well well, the Bastich route. Tongue
Never heard of this. Sounds interesting.

The first game in 18 days you hadn’t heard of before means AGSotD is taking the Bastich route...?  Tongue

Oscar - 18 June 2014 08:31 AM

Why are the guys pants going “pop!” Do I want to know ?

Nick’s pants and everything in it are fine, it’s the ghost’s arm going “pop” because Nick tore it off.  Cool

Chrissie and Timovieman, I had fun with the game but if you don’t bump into the relevant clues all those replays can be annoying. BTW, I liked the first game better: The Case of the Cautious Condor(1989). Probably because the many ghosts were a bit too much.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wrong thread

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top