• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 14 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kaptain Brawe with on the right his ensign and on the left his wooden “Rowboat”. There’s currently a Kickstarter campaign running to fund a sequel to Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World (2010). So what do people think of this game?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I like the graphics (yeah, I’m a cartoon buff), but can’t tell about the rest of the game.
In the olden days there used to be a small (~40 MB) -and short- downloadable free game with the same name*. Some time passed and they made it into a full-fledged AG.
That’s what I vaguely remember.

*I still have it somewhere around here.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 14 June 2014 03:08 AM

So what do people think of this game?

Here. (I know how much you like to use Google Translate Tongue)

I’ll translate the last bit:

The story, and the game length are barely satisfactory. Even with short playing intervals, the experienced players will beat it in just day or two, while things near the end feel rushed. Perhaps it shouldn’t come off as a surprise, as Kaptain Brawe was to be the episodic game originally, and the story (even though it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger) feels like part of a much bigger potential. The biggest problem is that the characters are poorly developed, and we’re not fully presented with their motives. Despite all, Kaptain Brawe is brave enough to put the charm of classics like Flight of the Amazon Queen or Space Quest into the new perspective, and I’ll look forward if the authors manage to give us slightly better second epis… uhh, I mean, the sequel.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You reminded me of an old adage we have here: “Speak Serbian, so the whole world can understand you.”

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Why would he speak Serbian? This is, after all, and English-speaking forum.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nemam pojma previše . Zašto bismo se prepuste one blesave Serveri sa svojim glupim navike govore svoj jezik !

Any complaints about my command of Servian? Contact Google Translate!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top