• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 12 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Boxes can be deceiving

Evil Selena and two of her Skorls

The hero and Evil Selena in the game

The hero and one of Selena’s Skorls in the game

Semi-sumo skorl in diapers!

Lure of the Temptress (1991) put me to sleep. That’s okay, the first pancake always turns out bad and Revolution went on to make much better games.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

There were times when I was curious about what this game was about.
Those days are gone, I’m no more interested.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Can’t recall exactly when I went from wanting games to look as good as their box art to wanting box art that was better reflective of the in-game art style… but I imagine it was the around the time The Mystery of the Druids came out.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 12 June 2014 01:33 AM

The hero and Evil Selena in the game

Ok, so Evil Selena is barely taller than the table. Either

A: Evil sorceresses have an incredible large and tall sorcerer’s tables, or
B: Selena had shrunk herself not to intimidate the main hero.

As for the cover vs in-game, I think it’s Selena’s hair mostly.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Fantastic game that brought Virtual Theater. Many contemporary games may only dream about it with every pixel scripted throughout the game.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really Like the box art in older games as it always offers a better picture for your imagination when you get to the reality of the in-game graphics!  Laughing

I got LotT free from GoG (& it’s still free!) but haven’t been tempted so far to play it - I don’t want to be rude but it just looks dull & grungy!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

thejobloshow - 12 June 2014 10:06 AM

Can’t recall exactly when I went from wanting games to look as good as their box art to wanting box art that was better reflective of the in-game art style… but I imagine it was the around the time The Mystery of the Druids came out.

LOL! I found the box art of Mystery of the Druids revolting and didn’t buy the game.

Bogi - 12 June 2014 11:52 AM

Fantastic game that brought Virtual Theater. Many contemporary games may only dream about it with every pixel scripted throughout the game.

The problem with Virtual Theater was that you kept bumping into the 3,4,5 random people running around on each screen and every single time they would say “Excuse me, sir” and every single time you would have to click their “Excuse me, sir” balloon away. That could happen 3,4,5 times in a row when trying to leave a bar or store. Really annoying.

chrissie - 12 June 2014 12:53 PM

I really Like the box art in older games as it always offers a better picture for your imagination when you get to the reality of the in-game graphics!  Laughing

Yeah, Sierra and others did it all the time, but even back then I preferred the much more realistic LucasArts boxes. 

Diego, maybe you like her better as a hairless scorpion?  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top