• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Devil’s Men - Steampunk adventure

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/26594

The Devil’s Men stars 20-year-old Adelaide Spektor, the daughter of famous detective Karol Spektor, who abandoned her as a child. Adelaide lives in a small seaside town beset by a series of murders that trace back to “the old exhibition grounds, where ruins of steel and glass are the new shelter to a gang of waifs and strays, misfits and tramps.” With these outsiders asserting more and more influence in town through any means necessary, the principled Adelaide hides in fear of being discovered by the colony and forced into their ranks. When she “witnesses the murder of her father’s old friend, she sees her chance to find Karol Spektor and reclaim her former place in society. But only the notorious colonist and double murderer Emily can help take up Adelaide’s father’s trail.”

The game’s title is named after a “coterie of scientists who exceeded the limits of the spiritual and material world decades ago, yet are bizarrily perishing one after another.” Players will need to guide the two protagonists in their efforts to find the connection between these “Devil’s Men” and Karol Spector. Naturally, since this is Daedalic, this will all take place in gorgeous hand-painted environments in “a world made of steampunk elements amidst a fictitious Victorian England.” Along the way, there will not not only be “challenging puzzles” to overcome but many opportunities to influence the storyline, as gamers “will have to consider all the possible ways to solve a puzzle, because every decision might change the story.”

So pretty. More screens please.
New Daedalic adventure - Spring 2015 release.
Decisions that might change the story? Multiple paths? Is that a first for Daedalic adventures?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Really good news! Have been awaiting a Daedalic announcement for quite a while now. As I’ve some to expect from Daedalic, it looks pure awesome!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

And it looks like it’s a hand-drawn 2D game as well. I’m glad about that! Ever since they announced their 3D sequel to The Whispered World, I assumed they were done with 2D and that all their games would be 3D going forward.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Within - 12 June 2014 10:21 AM

And it looks like it’s a hand-drawn 2D game as well. I’m glad about that! Ever since they announced their 3D sequel to The Whispered World, I assumed they were done with 2D and that all their games would be 3D going forward.

Nah, they represent force of good in the adventure gaming world, I never doubted that they will not betray the cause. Daedalic will stay true, God bless them.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Hello there young Valanice ! Heart

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Within - 12 June 2014 10:21 AM

I was worried about the same thing, not just the 3D, but also the fact that TWW2 is supposed to be without any inventory had me worried. No inventory is never a good thing in an adventure game (atleast not in my experience), but with this new announcement there’s still hope they’re not planning on turning everything upside down in the future. Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ahhh! The traditional, beautifull-hand drawn 2D, inventory riddled Daedelic we all love. I was too afraid that we might lose it! Glad to be proved wrong! Smile

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

This game looks very promising. Finally a little bit darker/mature game from Daedalic. Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, the “challenging puzzles” bit is now officially documented, so there’s no way back, Daedalic Smile I like the setting, reminds me of Gene Machine that also had two protagonists and Victorian England with steampunk elements.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2008-05-08

PM

It’s really hard to get over how incredible the art is on all of Daedalic’s games is, this screenshot being no exception. It definitely sounds interesting too, so I’ll be looking forward to it!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/3/2/3/2/4/dae4.png
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/3/2/3/2/4/dae3.png

Two new screens from Eurogamer!

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2015-01-22-the-devils-men-und-silence-the-whispered-world-2-gemeinsam-gegen-den-stillstand-der-adventures

EDIT: Oops, the screens are huuuuge… Made them into links instead.
EDIT2: edited again XD me and links, seriously…

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

wow it sure is gorgeous! btw second screenshot-link is borked.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Screens look amazing. Whispered World 2 also. Does the article mention anything new? Google translate didn’t help

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Now that’s a gorgeous looking game. Damn!  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m banging my head all day, and now I remember what these graphic remind me of: the animated movie The Illusionist! Watch it if you haven’t already!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

theo - 22 January 2015 02:11 PM

wow it sure is gorgeous! btw second screenshot-link is borked.

Oops, thanks! I adore the second screen, I have it as my background at work right now. So hyped!!  Nerd  Heart

diego - 22 January 2015 06:33 PM

I’m banging my head all day, and now I remember what these graphic remind me of: the animated movie The Illussionist! Watch it if you haven’t already!

Gosh, I had completely forgotten about that movie, it’s soooo beautiful but oh-so-sad Frown Definitely deserved the Oscar it got.

I am rubber, you are glue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top