• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 09 June 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BEGINNINGS!

To conclude our ‘tribute’ week with favourite Intros from Karlok & myself, I’ve ‘snubbed’ mine from more mainstream games in favour of this screenshot from Indie production Shady Brook (2005)

Jake Tobin & his elderly father are en-route to their new home in the quiet town of Shady Brook & for me this less than graphically perfect scene gives a real sense of the remoteness of their destination. 

This is preceded by the previous occupant tape-recording a warning, in my mind unnecessary, as the horrific mystery of the town is gradually unraveled in this strong story-driven game with intriguing characters & great voice-acting.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, I can’t see your pic. I had problems with the previous ones too. Don’t know why, but you’re the only one whose pics I can’t see.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Karlok, I’m not sure why you can’t see the pic but I’ll ‘investigate’!  Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The problem was on my end, I can see the pic now. Sorry! I should have investigated first.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

One of those games you recognise instantly (those hill/mountain textures).

Maybe I’ll play it one of these days.
Then again, maybe not.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 09 June 2014 07:12 AM

The problem was on my end, I can see the pic now. Sorry! I should have investigated first.

I’m glad you found the problem Karlok as the only thing I could think of was that I’d uploaded the image in the wrong format.

zobraks - 09 June 2014 07:19 AM

One of those games you recognise instantly (those hill/mountain textures).

Maybe I’ll play it one of these days.
Then again, maybe not.

Considering that the setting of the game is amongst hills & mountains it’s a pity that the rendering of them is inferior to the rest of the game’s graphics.

It’s not a game for everyone but if it does grab you there is some replay value in that there is a points system & you can finish the game missing some of the incidental snippets of info and/or ‘scandal’ about various characters. You also have the choice to play in either ‘CENSORED’, or ‘UNCENSORED’ mode which include some brief scenes of nudity etc.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The graphics look exactly like the driving arcade game I’m just replaying - Interstate 76!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 10 June 2014 02:51 PM

The graphics look exactly like the driving arcade game I’m just replaying - Interstate 76!

I’m not sure I agree diego - the driving arcade game I thought had very stylized graphics which I didn’t think Shady Brook had although I thought some of the character rendering in SB wasn’t too bad for the time for an Indie!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I have been wanting to play Shady Brook for a long time.
1. Where do I get it?
2. Compatibility - Win XP required, i’m guessing??

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Zifnab—you can try contacting the developer here.

I played this years ago. One of the most emotionally creepy games I’ve played—too creepy for me, actually. Ending left me with my jaw dropping and a little green around the gills.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Becky - 11 June 2014 11:30 AM

One of the most emotionally creepy games I’ve played ... Ending left me with my jaw dropping…

Hmmm… Now I’m really tempted to play Shady Brook.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Zifnab - 10 June 2014 08:07 PM

I have been wanting to play Shady Brook for a long time.

2. Compatibility - Win XP required, i’m guessing??

I couldn’t get this to play on my Win 7 64 bit using any compatibility settings at all so yes! Win XP required!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

zobraks - 11 June 2014 11:36 AM
Becky - 11 June 2014 11:30 AM

One of the most emotionally creepy games I’ve played ... Ending left me with my jaw dropping…

Hmmm… Now I’m really tempted to play Shady Brook.

Not what I expected exactly… but glad to be of assistance!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top