• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 08 June 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

BEGINNINGS

A screenshot from one of my own favorites.

All my life I felt helpless, cheated, stepped on. I was always the little man, the square peg, the forgotten one. But that night everything was gonna change. I was tired of just sitting around, accepting my fate. A rat hole apartment, a dead-end job. So I decided to do something about it. I had the perfect plan. My destination untrackable. The stolen cash untraceable. I’d simply disappear into the night. But of course there was a hitch, a fly in the ointment, or should I say roach…

Gotto love loser Roger Samms wallowing in self-pity while the game slowly zooms in on his apartment in Eddie’s Bar. The scenes with his landlord Eddie, and his mother’s locket changing him into a cockroach are great. Bad Mojo! The intro would be even better if the acting wasn’t so hammy. The voiceacting of the guy playing Roger is not bad at all, but his facial expressions and gestures are hilarious.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ah, memories...

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I bought Bad Mojo Redux many years ago but cockroaches are so horrible I haven’t yet been able to bring myself to play it! But seeing your description Karlok & following your link zobraks to your CP I’m tempted! It’s also great to know it might work on my Win 7 ...maybe!

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Chrissie, it walks perfectly under virtual pc too.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, the best way to overcome your natural loathing of roaches (in the game, I’m not talking about real life Sick) is taking control of the little fellow. Just by steering Roger, keeping him safe from pools of paint and sticky stuff you’ll identify with him and you won’t find him disgusting anymore.

If you ever decide to play the game, or even if you don’t, be sure to check out the Making Of video that comes with the Redux version. It’s on youtube as well. One of the best Making Of I’ve ever watched. Smile They talk about roaches and the other animals in the game too.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 09 June 2014 05:30 AM

Chrissie, it walks perfectly under virtual pc too.

Thanks Sefir!

Karlok - 09 June 2014 06:05 AM

Chrissie, the best way to overcome your natural loathing of roaches (in the game, I’m not talking about real life Sick) is taking control of the little fellow. Just by steering Roger, keeping him safe from pools of paint and sticky stuff you’ll identify with him and you won’t find him disgusting anymore.

If you ever decide to play the game, or even if you don’t, be sure to check out the Making Of video that comes with the Redux version. It’s on youtube as well. One of the best Making Of I’ve ever watched. Smile They talk about roaches and the other animals in the game too.

Thanks Karlok - I think I just need to load up the game & start playing without thinking about it!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top