• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Hey pal, I stuffed your (mail) box!!!
(Excuse the expression.)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Grrrr… Grin

Now after I’ve finished the game, I can safely say that JP3 remains one of my favs - it’s a tricky issue when you replay the game after some time, but it’s also nice to come to the conclusion that you’d still rate the game as high as the first time. Not only that, but it’s great when you also discover some new things, and perhaps acknowledge the same things in a different way… along with, of course, the joy of playing in the company like that of this community playthrough.

While not perfect, I’ve found stuff in JP3 to be dosed in a perfect balance - there’s the mystery, a challenge, humor… While nothing of it may exceed in some extraordinary quality, as a whole it works great. I guess one of the main reasons I liked the game is because Arthur’s humor clicked right with me - I guess even the “lamest” jokes in the game brought a grin to my face, and for couple of others I went hysterical.

The puzzles were much better than I remembered. I really enjoyed how they’re connected to the game world and not random (well, unlike the last one, but even then it didn’t bother me) and the fact that, once you explore the current era, you could really just pause for a moment and think about the gameworld, characters… and solve many obstacles by simple reasoning. That’s something many games fail to deliver. I also welcomed the “free time-jump” system, meaning that the game never lets you forget about the previous era, even though you may think you’ve done your business there.

If I’m going to nitpick, I’d say the 3 worlds (especially El Dorado, even though, ironically, it seems to be my fav of the three) could be more “wider” in terms of exploration, but then I guess you’d have to include more FMV characters or give those who’re already there even bigger roles. Also, even though there’re some signs El Dorado “should” be played last (obviously, there’s no rule here) I’m happy we went with Shangri-La because it definitely felt as a peak of the adventure (“the terrible geographical” pun intended) - it felt quite adventurous to decipher the wall pictures and “transfer” them to puzzle solutions, while having no significant “preachy” impression. Like I said, in this part there’re plenty of those examples that could be solved even if you turn off the game, sit and think about the clues and everything you’ve seen until that point.

Sefir - 06 June 2014 06:21 AM
Becky - 05 June 2014 05:42 PM

Looks like random clicking would have been more effective.

Worked for me. Took me 5 min. or so….  Smile

Funny thing - the first time I solved it I needed couple of days and few Arthur’s nudges. Grin Later, when I wanted to check some thing about that puzzle, I loaded the save that threw me at the start of the puzzle. I randomly clicked few times, not trying to solve it, but to see the marks on the pyramids and - voila, I’ve solved it within the seconds! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“Better late than never” trivia:

* The Sosiqui spirit seen at the end is (intentionally, or not) played by the same actor as pilgrim in Shangri-La

* When Arthur says there are 1728 combinations for the legacy puzzle at the end, it seemed to me he’s just making that up - but he’s not (he’s a robot after all Grin) - it’s 4 sides of a single pyramid * 3 rotations = 12 positions for one pyramid. 12*12*12 (3 legacies) = 1728

* Quo’thalas ships that attack Atlantis and TSA look like the same ship. It could be argued that either they sent back through time their ship, or the technology stagnated for some 3500 years Grin

* Another easter egg and a brilliant example of a “breathing” gameworld that “takes note” of player’s actions is if you put the bowl in the hand of the blue Buddha first thing you arrive at Shangri-La. Arthur will say this.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had the same thing happen during the second time I played the game, only it was with the apple in the greenhouse.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

Just showing diego that I can post in this thread...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I can too now!

(there’s obviously some filter preventing thread starters to bump their own threads Grin)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top