• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 02 June 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BEGINNINGS!

My 1st ‘tribute’ screen is to Bastich & taken from the Prologue of Silverload (1995) which he featured on Saturday July 27 2013

Bastich doesn’t claim that this game is a favourite but I’ve gleaned that the theme is!

“I’ve seen the death and madness that haunt the shadows of this town”

The Prologue in the PC version is over 12+ minutes long which very slo-o-owly gives some background to the town of Silverload.

Presented in comic book form it’s very unrepresentative of the main graphics of the game which is something that also appeals to me. Although the PC version was completely panned the completely re-worked PS1 version was praised in one review as having “great graphics and a compelling horror story”. 

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nice screenshot, I’ve never seen it before.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 02 June 2014 03:02 AM

chrissie, you’ve just wasted a perfectly good screenshot to last in the “Adventure game scene… uh, game” more than a few minutes. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Just think about how many screenshots Bastich had wasted: I hardly recognised any of those dailies, although there (almost) wasn’t a game he wrote about I didn’t hear of.

One more thing: Silverload has such a distinctive graphics that it wouldn’t be so hard for anyone who saw it once before to recognise it.
I’ll let you in on a secret: I recognised Larry 5 just by the textures & colo(u)r palette, it’s distinctive too.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, the picture reminds me of a joke: (beware of the “lost in translation” Grin)

A man gets a job in the grocery warehouse. Everything went fine, until mysteriously some sack contents start missing one by one. When it was found out, the man gets sent to the court. The Judge asks the man: “Ok, so what happened to that flour sack?”

- Mice ate it, sir!

“And the sugar?”, asked the Judge.

- Mice ate that, too!

“What about the corn sacks?”

- “All that was eaten by mice” - says the man.

“OK, are you trying to tell me that mice ate the pepper too?!”

- They cried, but ate it all!

Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..and the ladies maintain the dark theme of Bastich , but i like it so far. good job .

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Now I can’t remember.. is it vampires or werewolves who can’t stand silver?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

All of them are allergic to silver

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 02 June 2014 03:02 AM

I’ve posted a screenshot you’ve never seen before zobraks!!! Thank you! - I’m glad you like it! It’s an ‘in-game special’ Grin , but unless you search all the screenshot galleries on the net you can never be sure one hasn’t been used before!

Advie - 02 June 2014 04:08 AM

..and the ladies maintain the dark theme of Bastich , but i like it so far. good job .

Thank you for your nice comment Advie - looks like the only way is down now!

diego - 02 June 2014 03:24 AM

chrissie, you’ve just wasted a perfectly good screenshot to last in the “Adventure game scene… uh, game” more than a few minutes. Grin

There’s just a teensy weensy problem with that diego - you have to guess the screen before to post your own unless a freebie turns up & I keep missing them!

diego - 02 June 2014 03:58 AM

BTW, the picture reminds me of a joke: (beware of the “lost in translation” Grin)

A man gets a job in the grocery warehouse. Everything went fine, until mysteriously some sack contents start missing one by one. When it was found out, the man gets sent to the court. The Judge asks the man: “Ok, so what happened to that flour sack?”

- Mice ate it, sir!

“And the sugar?”, asked the Judge.

- Mice ate that, too!

“What about the corn sacks?”

- “All that was eaten by mice” - says the man.

“OK, are you trying to tell me that mice ate the pepper too?!”

- They cried, but ate it all!

Wink Oops! did I post the wrong screenshot for the game - sorry! 

Hey! It could have been a great pic for the Caption Contest - maybe? Heart Eyes

I think werewolves are allergic to silver especially in bullet form & vampires to wooden stakes especially through the heart.  Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 02 June 2014 02:48 PM

unless you search all the screenshot galleries on the net you can never be sure one hasn’t been used before!

I believe that’s exactly what I did!

Seriously, I don’t think there’s a major site with screenshots that I haven’t visited.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 02 June 2014 02:48 PM

vampires to wooden stakes especially through the heart.  Smile

I can confirm this. Last Halloween, I killed a vampire. Or a kid. Either way, the wooden stake worked! Innocent Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top