• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Selling Adventures Comparing to the Best Selling Games

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Martin Gantefoehr - 16 July 2012 07:21 AM
Lucien21 - 16 July 2012 06:48 AM

I did say above that they were estimates. VGCharts isn’t 100% accurate, but unless publishers and developers released accurate figures it’s the best we have (NPD does something similar).

No offense to your original post intended. Indeed, as far as free figures are concerned, informed guesses like VGC’s are the only information to come by. (NPD group use actual retailer data to extrapolate their sales stats. The results are a lot more reliable, but naturally also a lot more expensive…)

Sorry did I come across as snippy. It’s difficult to tell some times.

Grin

I wasn’t offended in the slightest. I’m sure as a developer yourself you have more insight than me into the accuracy of these kind of figures. I have seen the NPD stuff, but you have to pay for it.

Suffice to say adventure games don’t sell in the numbers that we would all like.

Even the big budget quasi adventures like LA Noire (5 million) and Heavy Rain (2-3million) probably don’t make enough money for the developers to be totally happy.

Selling millions of copies is great, but the ultimate goal of most developers is to cover the costs of developement and make a profit that allows you to keep making the games you love.

Smaller budgets obviously means smaller sales required to achieve that goal, but the margins between success/failure are also smaller.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 16 July 2012 06:43 AM

0.06m is 60,000 not 600,000.

Are you Kidding Lucien ?  that Number not even close to KQ6’s Sales more 20 years ago

and what is 1m$ now comparing to its value back then!!!!!!!!!!!

are we being Extinct? or on our way, ooh GOD!

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Lucien21 - 16 July 2012 06:42 AM
Jannik - 16 July 2012 05:01 AM
Lucien21 - 15 July 2012 04:41 PM

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition (0.07m)

L.A. Noire has sold approximately 5 million copies (including the standard edition):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Noire#Sales

The figure I quoted was the PC version it sold 2.49 million on the PS3 and 2.26 million on the 360 leaving 0.07m for the PC version.

Ok. It’s just that you didn’t mention that, and Advie didn’t ask only for PC figures, so I thought you were referring to the total sales Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top